Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Reviewed by:meggipeg

About meggipeg
Member since: 11/11/11

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:6/19/13 10:11 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Rpilver said... (3/23/14 7:57 AM) Reply
Gorgeous
Dilliander said... (6/21/13 4:26 AM) Reply
How did I miss this review, these look fabulous! Hope you are enjoying wearing them.
meggipeg said... (6/20/13 10:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the thought-provoking comments. I have just posted an answer on my blog, but will repeat some of it here. I think the crotch alteration I did with the floral pants kind of lifts and separates the butt (sounds terrible - sorry), whereas the original Jalie curve allows for more sag in that area. The actual size of the jeans probably hasn't really changed, it's just the way they flatter the body. The floral jeans certainly feel just as comfortable to wear as the Jalies (I will not sacrifice comfort for fashion - well not in this instance anyway!). RenRen, The pattern comparison does not take into account the yoke on the Jalies, which adds quite a bit of height to its centre back. (Also, Truffle is often mistaken for a Portuguese water dog but is actually a cavoodle - cavalier x poodle). Possibly a fuller butt than mine would require jeans that are a bit higher at the back waist than the floral jeans, so the addition of the Jalie yoke, or a higher waistline with darts, may help things there. I'm just so happy to talk crotch curves with so many like-minded people. I love this website!
Laurie Lou said... (6/20/13 3:55 PM) Reply
Ren ren kind of answered my question I posted on your blog. I love your floral jeans and thie fit is perfect. from the front and especially in the back. They look very comfortable. Thanks for the review.
renren said... (6/20/13 10:53 AM) Reply
The comparison of the Jalie jean and RTW jean makes it quite evident that RTW is giving you more room in the tush. That extended CB also means you won't get "plumber's butt." I would have said the Jalie jeans fit well until I compared the back view of the floral jeans. It's obvious that the Jalie jeans are "cutting off" a bit and constraining the natural curvature. I noticed this happening on a pair of loungewear pants I made recently--a drop in the CB and a constrained feeling near the tailbone where the crotch curve was being a little too abrupt. I shall steal your ideas! Oh, by the way, I love your floral jeans. I'm glad Truffle got a dip--I thought he looked like a water dog with, perhaps, a bit of Newfoundland. Thanks for the "coverage" on this crotch curve issue.
marec said... (6/20/13 10:24 AM) Reply
These are so wonderful-your hard work is evident.
Sue Parrott said... (6/20/13 9:40 AM) Reply
SO CUTE
Levone said... (6/20/13 9:29 AM) Reply
Great looking jeans!
caper81 said... (6/20/13 9:12 AM) Reply
These jeans are fantastic!! The floral print is so cute and they fit you so well!! :)
CissieW said... (6/20/13 9:12 AM) Reply
Love these pants on you! I've been wanted printed jeans ever since I saw a pair last year at Saks for $995!!! Yours inspire me!
MrsCharisma said... (6/20/13 9:06 AM) Reply
I LOVE floral patterned pants. So stylish and very well fitting!
Amanda.Claire said... (6/20/13 8:05 AM) Reply
I love your jeans in the floral!
JEF said... (6/20/13 8:03 AM) Reply
Excellent helpful review and very awesome jeans!
Lori V said... (6/20/13 7:12 AM) Reply
Love these jeans, great fabric.
ggf2005 said... (6/20/13 1:27 AM) Reply
Cutest jeans ever!
sfshaza said... (6/19/13 11:31 PM) Reply
Really really cute! That comparison of the crotch curve with your well fitting RTW jeans is fascinating.
dingyadi said... (6/19/13 11:29 PM) Reply
Fantastic! Love them.
SewWil said... (6/19/13 11:16 PM) Reply
Wow! I love you jeans. The fabric is wonderful. You achieved a great fit.
ArtAttack said... (6/19/13 10:49 PM) Reply
These are adorable in this print! Great job...

Understanding Wool Fabrics