Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5914 (Misses Skirts)

Reviewed by:demoiselle

About demoisellestar
Member since: 6/21/11
Posted on:6/21/13 11:26 AM

See other patterns in this category: Skirts
Texahoma said... (6/22/13 3:53 PM) Reply
I'm so sorry your poor kitty was in pain, glad he is better. There is always a reason when they don't use their litter boxes. With mine it is usually when I come back from a trip and they are mad. They have not done it in several years thank goodness.
demoiselle said... (6/22/13 7:57 AM) Reply
Thanks! This polyester one is fine, it was the wool second version that got wadded. :-( I'll make a third sometime soon, I suppose!
Jodi B. said... (6/22/13 0:47 AM) Reply
Very pretty! I hope you're able to save it from your cat.
21wale said... (6/21/13 1:50 PM) Reply
Great looking skirt!
demoiselle said... (6/21/13 11:52 AM) Reply
Texahoma: Thanks for the message about my cat. He had the misfortune of getting FORLs as a youngin'--it's a condition that makes cats' teeth decay extremely fast. However, even though he was in pain (and peed on things to express it), the vets wouldn't just pull his teeth until they'd reached a certain level of awful (I pleaded because I knew he was hurting). He was so much happier after they finally ok'd removing all his teeth. Nowadays, he has very occasional relapses into peeing on piles of fabric when he's angry at us--maybe once a year. I keep an eye on him, because if he does it more than that I'll know it's a health issue.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback on the skirt! I'm posting my few projects here to build up my confidence about wearing them in public, so hearing from you means a lot.

Definitely make this skirt if A-Lines flatter you--it's really easy (I mean, it was my return after over a decade of not sewing, and I never learned more than basic serging and sewing machine operation; I never even learned how to fit things myself). I wish I had another version of this skirt to show, because I think it will look vastly different according to what fabric you choose. But then, there is a whole gallery of reviews to prove that. ;-)

Texahoma said... (6/21/13 11:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I have this pattern, but have not made it yet. Your skirt makes me want to start it right away. I have found that washing in very hot water with a good detergent and oxiclean will remove all traces of cat pee. Of course not all fabrics are washable. More important is why kitty did it, hope kitty doesn't do this again for your sake.

The Technique of Underlining Garments