Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6095 (dress and bag)

Reviewed by:bindurk

About bindurkstar
Member since: 5/13/12
Posted on:6/24/13 8:44 AM

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Accessories
norie creates said... (6/26/13 10:50 PM) Reply
Really cute dress and love the stripes!
wildberrymom said... (6/26/13 3:06 PM) Reply
Cute summer dress! Knit came to mind to me as well. Great job matching stripes on that zipper!
wildberrymom said... (6/26/13 3:06 PM) Reply
2 Airedales n Me said... (6/25/13 12:08 PM) Reply
A very attractive dress for sure. Love the colors and am a stripe-lover too. I also thought "knit" when I saw this dress - I'll bet it would be easy to make in a stable knit. Sure looks like a TNT to me!
Laurie Lou said... (6/24/13 2:56 PM) Reply
Cute dress on you! I like the stripe placement on the sleeve! And yes go down a size. It looks like this size is too wide in the shoulders....if that is bunching I see between the shoulders and neckline. That seems to be my #1 issue with New Look. they seem to be more generous in the necklines...IMO.
Jrhee said... (6/24/13 2:31 PM) Reply
I love your fabric, and love your dress!
caper81 said... (6/24/13 11:13 AM) Reply
Very cute dress! Love the stripes, and the colours suit you really well! I too wish New Look would include smaller sizing in more of their patterns. :/ I think this dress would be great in a knit fabric!
KateS said... (6/24/13 9:04 AM) Reply
Very cute dress and I totally agree with bias tape in lieu of facings as well! For some reason when I saw this I thought "knit fabric dress", would be interesting to see how hard it would be to convert to knit fabrics. I think this would be a great wardrobe basic to have, with lots of potential for pattern adaptations for different looks.
MrsCharisma said... (6/24/13 8:58 AM) Reply
I love bias tape! LOL! The dress came out really well. The striped fabric is gorgeous!

Other Five Pleat Clutch