Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2100 (Misses' Panties)

Reviewed by:KateS

About KateSstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 3/28/06
Posted on:6/27/13 10:42 AM
Last Updated:6/27/13 10:55 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Lingerie

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

ev35 said... (1/13/14 8:51 AM) Reply
does anyone know if this is basically the same pattern as the "vintage one" labeled 719? I got it off of ebay and it looks exactly like this one. I'm trying to decide based on this review and others if I should go down a few sizes on the old pattern. Thanks!
olgarosita said... (6/29/13 5:01 AM) Reply
They look like they have a lot of coverage, but I think they are a great showcase for that beautiful fabric!
wildberrymom said... (6/28/13 2:57 AM) Reply
Wow! Great panties.
KateS said... (6/27/13 10:40 PM) Reply
Great idea RLL! I'm going to steal it and do this too ;) So generally it appears that the crotches run wide in most KS panties? If that's the case I might just stick with the one I've got ( or try one of the 6 or so other brand patterns I have for knickers... can never pass a knicker pattern up now at an op shop lol). As for the fabric it was only enough to make a pair of undies from, being from a scrap remnant bag ( which I paid $5 for and have made 2 pairs so far from).
RLL said... (6/27/13 9:46 PM) Reply
The fabric is so pretty...too bad it is undercover. I use the OTHER Kwik Sew for my panties and had to do the same as you....add to the back for coverage and remove a little from the crotch width. I have perfected mine now and keep the pattern next to my cutting table. Every time I have some scraps of knit from a project that I just finished cutting and that would work for undies, I cut it out right away and put it in a pile of 'to be sewn' undies that I have going. Then when I am between projects I have something to do...and I always have new undies. Great use of scraps!
KateS said... (6/27/13 11:06 AM) Reply
Yes Michelle it did! Thank you so much!!! Nice to know I was on the right track with vintage of this one :)
Michelle T said... (6/27/13 11:00 AM) Reply
You are correct about this being an old pattern, I made it at a class 20+ years ago. Loved your blog post, not sure if my comment there posted.

Sewing Workshop Sandra Betzina Vest & Skirt Pattern