Pattern Reviews> Fashion Sewing Group> 1945 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:4/16/05 4:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 32 people
AllNewtoMe said... (10/10/10 6:36 PM) Reply
I'm new to sewing and this is very inspiring to me!
Tina Rathbone said... (9/13/05 4:05 PM) Reply
Your work is stunning. This one's beyond my grasp, but what a timeless jacket you've made. I've saved this review in my "Favorites" in case I ever attempt a tailored jacket ... one of my sewing 'dreams.' :)
redhead said... (4/18/05 8:51 AM) Reply
Great review and a wonderful jacket. You have given me some food for thought for my next 1945 project. Thanks!
CarolynGM said... (4/17/05 8:34 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for sharing all your tailoring details with us. Your skill is evident in this gorgeous jacket.
Danvillegirl said... (4/17/05 7:14 PM) Reply
I wish you had reviewed this pattern about two years ago when I made it!!! Nonetheless, your jacket looks great and all of your modifications worked out well.
Sherril Miller said... (4/17/05 2:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful and yet powerful. I love the color. I bet it would make a lovely suit with pants or a skirt. It's very RTW and expensive looking.
petra said... (4/17/05 1:55 PM) Reply
I love this jacket, but reading your instructions I think that it is beyond my skills at the moment!. I am sure that you have lots of compliments when you wear it. Terrific job.
marjenann said... (4/17/05 11:16 AM) Reply
Magnificent jacket!! The review was also very impressive!
MickeyFan said... (4/17/05 10:32 AM) Reply
Excellent review. Your jacket turned out beautifully! I had much the same experience as you. I had a good outcome but I kept wondering what the $20 pattern price was for.
Gigi Louis said... (4/17/05 8:51 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! I know you'll get a lot of use out of this jacket.
JoleneF said... (4/17/05 8:24 AM) Reply
Your jacket is stunning and you did a great review!
blue mooney said... (4/17/05 7:12 AM) Reply
some very good information in your review, thanks. Your jacket is beautiful, but I don't think you told us if it makes you "powerful" or not.
Raewyn Hayes said... (4/17/05 6:22 AM) Reply
Thanks for the instructive and even handed review. I am wondering if perhaps the front lining piece is cut on such an odd angle so you can use a RTW technique as outlined in Threads #108 ("Where Lining Meets Facing" by Allison Page). However, if there are no instructions to reflect this technique, the shaping is of little use.
SewVeryTall said... (4/17/05 6:17 AM) Reply
Kay...you've done such a great job on the tailoring, and in writing the review. Did you have to remark your pocket placement on one of your front pieces and forgot that you had raised them 1 1/2"? One pocket looks 1 1/2" higher than the other. Or is this an optical illusion?
Linda E. said... (4/17/05 5:53 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket love you details, very helpful review, sounds like it was a fun project to share.
kathi s said... (4/17/05 0:03 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket- I envy your mastery of the pattern. Faced with several problems that might have cowed me, you worked your way through to a great conclusion
PVA said... (4/17/05 0:00 AM) Reply
Thanks for this very detailed & informative review. The jacket is very elegant! Now I must read karmeng's review. (8^D)
Lori V said... (4/16/05 10:18 PM) Reply
great job
Liana said... (4/16/05 10:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, and what a helpful, detailed review you've written! Thanks for all the great tips, and the sleeve cap technique sounds marvelous.
lmg said... (4/16/05 9:05 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket! Thank you very much for this detailed review. Both this review and the one by karmeng are much appreciated.
jlg said... (4/16/05 6:37 PM) Reply
Great job. The details are very well done. Thanks for the thorough review.
Eli said... (4/16/05 6:06 PM) Reply
As you other jackets, this one is also awesome in craftsmanship and detail! If you don't minf, can you elaborate on the technique for the cap, I don't think I understood it and it seems to prodice superb results.
Patti B said... (4/16/05 5:47 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket. You and karmeng make a great sewing team -- betweeb the 2 reviews ALL is revealed!
els said... (4/16/05 5:36 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, your jackets is gorgeous tailor made. I use a lot of the same tailoring techniques as you described.
Peggy L said... (4/16/05 5:18 PM) Reply
Kay - beautiful jacket. You did a great job. How about a picture of the sleeve vents?
Julia in NC said... (4/16/05 5:05 PM) Reply
very professional looking and elegant

by: knitmachin...