Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2683 (Misses skirt and top or dress)

Reviewed by:CarolynGM

About CarolynGMstarstarstarstar
AR USA
Member since: 3/9/03
Posted on:4/3/05 3:34 PM
Last Updated:4/3/05 3:35 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

leapyfrog said... (7/16/10 11:01 AM) Reply
Carolyn, you look terrific in this! I wish I could make one too. Maybe they will print the pattern again :)
Kay Y said... (8/5/08 6:24 PM) Reply
I'm up to 4 of these! Just made another one this week and I was surprised to see that the pattern is still for sale on the Vogue site even though it's OOP. I was just looking to see who else had made it - yours is lovely, are you still enjoying it?
Soliel said... (9/6/07 1:15 PM) Reply
Very nice shape...as you said.
CarolynGM said... (10/13/05 12:12 PM) Reply
emr -- the yoke is faced and interfaced, and it still stretched. I probably needed firmer interfacing.
emr said... (10/12/05 1:33 PM) Reply
Does the yoke call for a facing? If you interface the facing it should provide you the stability you need and prevent stretching.
Tarawebster said... (7/29/05 2:35 PM) Reply
Oh noooooo! This is *the* perfect pattern I have been looking for and when I just tried to order it on the vogue site it is out of print. I will keep looking around. If anyone has an extra copy they want to sell, please let me know. :-) Beautiful skirt! Tara
CarolynGM said... (4/5/05 6:33 PM) Reply
Harriet -- there aren't any side-seam pockets in this skirt. It actually does not have side seams. The seams are really side front seams. I wore the skirt to work yesterday and the yoke stretched even more! Luckily I don't plan to wear tucked in tops with it.
Harriet Rogers said... (4/5/05 5:41 PM) Reply
Love the skirt on you: looks just perfect for your body type. And, thanks for the explanation about the yoke. I made a Burda skirt once with yoke, and, like your yoke, it stretched, only I assumed I had done something wrong. I'm sure your explanation of the contour waistband is right, so, thanks to you, I'm going to cut smaller next time. One question: does this skirt pattern have any pockets in the side seams?
Irene Q said... (4/4/05 9:06 AM) Reply
Your clothes always look so classy! Another winner!
JDpenelope said... (4/4/05 6:03 AM) Reply
Love the flared lines of this bias skirt. I have this pattern and am glad to see how well it came out for you--just wish I had your long legs to complete the look.
Danvillegirl said... (4/4/05 5:36 AM) Reply
Very flattering skirt on you.
Schnauzer said... (4/3/05 7:47 PM) Reply
Gorgeous skirt and it fits beautifully.
jlg said... (4/3/05 3:47 PM) Reply
Lovely, lovely skirt. I definitely have to try this pattern.

by: Aroura

by: SexiSadi

Shapes Six Sense Skirt Pattern

Shapes Six Sense Skirt Pattern

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)