Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design Magazine> 02-2013-17 (Beckie)

Reviewed by:Amanda.Claire

About Amanda.Clairestar
Member since: 3/20/07
Posted on:6/28/13 7:24 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

Sweater knit fabrics

abcameo said... (6/29/13 12:01 PM) Reply
I think you did a wonderful job sewing this dress. The end result is very cute and eyecatching.
liliv said... (6/29/13 10:59 AM) Reply
I love it! Too bad your girl doesn't like full skirts
cleverkitty said... (6/29/13 9:56 AM) Reply
It is cute but I can understand the fullness not feeling right on her. Some things I would do is belt it with the same fabric either one. Shorten it and wear it as a tunic or be radical pin out the excess fullness and seam them away tapering to blend, this is could result in a wadder and defiantly a new design, I can be aggressive when I know I have nothing to lose, I weigh it with the fact someone else may like it, in that case I put the scissors down and call it truce. I have been in this situation so many times over the years I swear it has made be a better sewer. If you look at post 51 of my reviews view A looks nothing like the original pattern, I hacked and whacked until I could wear it, I used the wrong fabric to begin with. Good Luck Amanda.Claire ;)
CindyHa said... (6/29/13 9:29 AM) Reply
It's really cute! I bought this issue because I loved the look of the dress. It looks perfect for a warm summer day. Thanks.
ArtAttack said... (6/28/13 11:22 PM) Reply
Oh, I think this is really cute on her...I love the fullness of the skirt; she can wear it!
Christas said... (6/28/13 7:56 PM) Reply
I hope your daughter decides that she likes the dress. It definitely looks very cute on her!

Jamie Christina Lark Paper Pattern