Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8916 (Misses' Jacket, Top, Dress and Skirt)

Reviewed by:frozensouth

About frozensouthstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 1/24/10
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:6/29/13 5:26 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Skirts
Available for sale on PR: $6.99 $30.00 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $6.99 $30.00 Pattern Details

Slouchy said... (4/28/15 5:27 AM) Reply
I agree with everyone else: I am crazy for the fabric and that's the reason I picked this review to read first out of all the others for this pattern. Please keep writing reviews LOL. ... I haven't sewn clothing for myself for about 25 years and I am no longer a perfect (ie dead on vogue) size 10 ... So very very worried about fitting my new (larger, bumpy) shape. So could relate to your worries!
frozensouth said... (7/9/13 5:20 PM) Reply
Went to JL Ox again today. As disappointing as ever fabric wise. Such a pity - the staff are so fabulously friendly and helpful. Berwick Street and Goldhawk Road are so much more exciting though.
HRigg said... (7/8/13 4:18 PM) Reply
Love the fabric. Must get back to John Lewis. How about the jacket in the same material if they still have it. Bit bright perhaps but would be distinctive! Carry on enjoying your sewing.
frozensouth said... (7/8/13 3:51 PM) Reply
I think you should, yes! It's a really easy pattern and you'll be wearing it in a couple of days! All the best SewOM
SewOm said... (7/8/13 2:14 PM) Reply
Your skirt is inspiring me. I have a similar fabric and I've been waiting for the right use for it. Maybe it would look good as good as your skirt.
katlew03 said... (6/30/13 2:06 PM) Reply
I don't have time to read many reviews, but your skirt caught my eye. Gorgeous print. Love the colors and the way the flowers are placed.
JuliN said... (6/30/13 7:05 AM) Reply
I love the fabric too.
frozensouth said... (6/30/13 2:06 AM) Reply
Oh you are all so kind! I am very touched. I will be out shopping later today and will take a scrap of fabric with me so that I can match it. I am now about half way through the top in a very bold printed linen which feels wonderful. Jacket after this, I promise. All this has made me realise that my sewing should be a bit more goal directed - i.e. by thoughts of what I will wear. Thank you all.
susanbanks said... (6/30/13 1:42 AM) Reply
Love the fabric. On sale at John Lewis means that you MUST buy it! How about branching out with view A (jacket, no pesky collar to fiddle with) in the background colour (is it navy or black?) with a contrast lining in the coral or turquoise colour?
Hilary said... (6/29/13 11:52 PM) Reply
I think you look great in this! But I have to say your review just made me laugh so hard!! Thanks for the smiles :o)
SassySan said... (6/29/13 11:39 PM) Reply
I love the fabric too! It is because of the fabric that I have now put the pattern on my wish list!!
wineyjudy said... (6/29/13 8:35 PM) Reply
I love the print too! Very nice skirt!
Legal.Dealer said... (6/29/13 1:40 PM) Reply
I would go with a blue or aqua (whatever that gorgeous bit of color is) in a tank, and a black jacket. OR reverse!! It's the print that made look at your review, I love the print. Fits perfect, I hope you get a lot of wear out of your efforts!
CrazyRed said... (6/29/13 1:28 PM) Reply
I love the print - looks fun, quirky and feminine. The skirt looks beautiful. Maybe you can try pairing it with a chambray top, a denim jacket or shirt, or coral tank? :)
canei said... (6/29/13 1:10 PM) Reply
Very nice! Love the fabric.
Morisot said... (6/29/13 10:53 AM) Reply
I agree with everyone--love the fabric. And you've made it into a beautiful skirt. ( caper81 - I keep wondering about getting a serger too.)
frozensouth said... (6/29/13 10:25 AM) Reply
Thank you all so much for your kind remarks and encouragement. It has spurred me on. I'm cutting out a top now!
KensingtonCrab said... (6/29/13 10:05 AM) Reply
Love the fabric! Don't apologize for it! The skirt fits you beautifully!
cleverkitty said... (6/29/13 9:34 AM) Reply
Really cute statement skirt not sure what you mean by by insane design? Has that Lilly Pulitzer element of color and print. The colors of the skirt offer so much to choose as a top backdrop I especially like it with black. Be patient with your sewing it's not something that your born with, I laugh when people apologize that they don't sew... like it's a gene your born with. Good Luck and keep sewing things happen when you don't give up :)
Christas said... (6/29/13 9:29 AM) Reply
Super cute and I love the fabric! A solid colored top in one of the colors of the skirt would look great for an outfit!
caper81 said... (6/29/13 8:56 AM) Reply
I love your skirt! Why apologize? :) It looks cute & summery, and fits you very nicely. I'm sure you'll come across a suitable top. Atta tackle that serger (I borrowed my mother's and have yet to even learn to use it!) :)
msschiel said... (6/29/13 8:47 AM) Reply
Love the fabric!
frozensouth said... (6/29/13 7:27 AM) Reply
Unfortunately there is some off-white in it so white on top would just make it look dirty
brissmith said... (6/29/13 7:11 AM) Reply
I love the fabric. Even white would look nice with it perhaps?

Vogue Patterns V1034