Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6747 (Misses' Top and Dresses)

Reviewed by:ArtAttack

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
MNBarb said... (6/12/14 11:24 PM) Reply
This is so cute on you!
Annette1 said... (7/3/13 0:46 AM) Reply
TH-E-E-E-R-E she is, MISS America -- looking FABULOUS, as always. This dress is DARLING, no two ways about it, and that INCLUDES the EEEEEEVIL placket. :o)
cocosloft said... (7/1/13 5:36 PM) Reply
Cute dress! Ah...you know I bypassed the placket entirely. I was afraid to even try that skinny plavket in a knit. Kudos to you for trying and ending up with such a fun look.
trinicity said... (7/1/13 3:35 PM) Reply
great review!!!
liliv said... (7/1/13 2:36 AM) Reply
Great color combination and lovely outfit! I don't like sewing plackets either:)
2 Airedales n Me said... (7/1/13 0:29 AM) Reply
Plackets are on the "to avoid" list for so many of us. Glad Jrhee provided the link to a Threads how-to. Thanks. I love your purple and orange dress - it fits well and looks very comfy - enjoy it. (Your secret's safe with us, LOL)
MichelleGP said... (6/30/13 10:18 PM) Reply
Funny, I can't see anything wrong with your placket. I agree with everyone else, color, fit is great, looks really cute on you. If mine turned out like yours I would think"Success"!
carolynw said... (6/30/13 6:43 PM) Reply
May have been troublesome but you look wonderful in this dress - hope you wear it a lot
ak21 said... (6/30/13 4:20 PM) Reply
simple but great. i love the contrast buttons!!
CissieW said... (6/30/13 4:06 PM) Reply
It looks so cute to me! I don't notice any placket issues and I'm betting no one else will either! I hear you about wishing your mother was around to help out! I miss mine all the time -- especially when I'm sewing!
Sue Parrott said... (6/30/13 12:22 PM) Reply
Oh it's really cute! I too haven't made a placket in years and afraid to try.
Merche said... (6/30/13 12:19 PM) Reply
We all have our sewing "black beasts" donŽt we? No matter how I improve my sewing, round shirt hems will always be mine. I like the final product, and I think youŽll wear this a lot!
Jrhee said... (6/30/13 12:12 PM) Reply
The placket looks fine to me! The dress is so darn cute on you! (There is a good tutorial on plackets in a Threads magazine late last year that breaks down the steps well. Not sure if it is the same kind, but it is here: http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/25307/how-to-make-a-precision-placket/page/all
ArtAttack said... (6/30/13 12:05 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the comments. It's encouraging to know I'm not the only one who is plagued by plackets. I will watch for future reviews on this one and hope someone does a placket tutorial...hint, hint. ;)
Barbara V said... (6/30/13 11:28 AM) Reply
Very cute, especially with orange thread trim. The placket issue you encountered doesn't really show!! Just wear it and wear it!!!! Enjoy!
grays08 said... (6/30/13 10:57 AM) Reply
Very cute dress. Here I was scared of the enormous ease on this pattern (I had a vision of a bag), but it looks like if you size down maybe that's not an issue, just the infamous placket. I'm going to try this thing out and investigate the placket. Those are the kind of things that frustrated the he** out of me but always make me want to try. Thanks for reviewing this, because it's really cute, and I was SO scared about the ease on this one after looking at the pattern pieces.
Jstarr4250 said... (6/30/13 10:30 AM) Reply
It looks both chic and cozy, which is hard to pull off, but you've scared me off on this one! I've had the pattern lying on the striped fabric I bought for it since seeing cocosloft's pretty version. I especially love the orange edging. Enjoy it- you'll forget the placket woes soon enough!
cleverkitty said... (6/30/13 8:44 AM) Reply
THIS is SO cute and I agree the end results no mater how you got there will stay on PR!!!! You confirmed mother's law, DD new sewer brings me her clothes to fix I'm anxious to make them right for fear she will get discouraged. Mention placket to DH and he will immediately tugs his shirt right of center.... unfunny joke to me ;/
GoodbyeValntino said... (6/30/13 8:18 AM) Reply
No one will notice the imperfections with such fun colors! Hope you can enjoy it - I think its cute.
caper81 said... (6/30/13 8:09 AM) Reply
Wow, I love the colour of this dress, and the orange contrast buttons and thread! I think it looks great on you! Sorry to hear the placket gave you so much grief. I've never sewn a placket, but if I do, I'll make sure I do some homework first . Yeah, sometimes patterns instructions are less than adequate :)
Re Becca said... (6/30/13 8:03 AM) Reply
Hey, plackets are difficult! But th placket and those buttons really make a wonderful accent on this. It fit you perfectly and looks so comfy. I hope you can forget the problems and enjoy wearing it because it looks great.
MrsCharisma said... (6/30/13 7:44 AM) Reply
It fits SO well! I think it looks just fine, that placket :)
Amanda.Claire said... (6/30/13 7:37 AM) Reply
Your dress is soooo cute! This pattern is really calling me name. Thanks for the heads up about the placket.
Anne Cherry said... (6/30/13 6:51 AM) Reply
The colours are wonderful, as is the shape. I hear you re plackets....fiddly fiddly fiddly!!
pdiddly said... (6/30/13 4:05 AM) Reply
I agree you look fab in this
SewWil said... (6/30/13 3:04 AM) Reply
The end result is super cute. I love the orange contrast. I keep coming back to this pattern but the placket sends me running away. My only placket experience was over 30 years ago and my Mom saved the day by sewing the placket for me. Your review reminded me of that. Good for you for persisting.
atymonw said... (6/30/13 0:28 AM) Reply
You look fabulous in that dress, placket or no:)
valerie sews said... (6/29/13 11:11 PM) Reply
Sorry it didn't work for you. This is a cute pattern and the placket detail makes it. They can be a hassle though..

Lutterloh Lutterloh Supp 271 #76

by: Lagolden2

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

De-Mystifying Fit - A CD Book