Pattern Reviews> Colette Patterns> 1005 (Beignet)

Reviewed by:sunnysewing

About sunnysewingstarstarstar
WI United States
Member since: 5/4/12
Posted on:6/30/13 1:01 PM
See other patterns in this category: Skirts

sunnysewing said... (7/7/13 11:04 AM) Reply
Ah, thanks KathleenS! I'm not sure where I picked it up. I'll have to try out some Sewaholic patterns. I would love just once to have something fit out of the envelope. I'm working on slopers though so I can hopefully get a better fit in the future from most patterns. so time consuming but it will be worth it. Thanks so much for the suggestion
KathleenS said... (7/6/13 4:51 AM) Reply
I'm sorry this pattern was so much trouble for you. I was lucky - the sizing seemed to work for me. By the way, I don't think Colette are designed for pear shapes - I think you're confusing them with Sewaholic. Colette design for a C-cup and I think I've seen them say that they design for the modern figure or something, but not pears. You'll see the difference if you compare the Colette and Sewaholic size charts' waist to hip ratios.
sunnysewing said... (7/1/13 10:02 AM) Reply
Thanks Renren! I'll have to check out that review. The metal ruler sounds like a superb idea. And thanks liliv - perseverance is not a usual quality of mine! lol ;-)
renren said... (7/1/13 9:58 AM) Reply
Altercations for alterations--very funny wordplay! (lol) Yes, I frequently engage in altercations with sewing projects myself. Well, lovely color. I do know with some tightly woven polyesters I have realized the fewer seams, the better. It's like the fabric needs wide expanses of room to 'do its thing." I noticed SueT sewed some nylon microfiber pants and mentioned using a microtex needle as well as a metal ruler to help press out the seams. I wonder if these things might help (StyleArc lounge pant pattern reviewed this a.m.). Those buttons are great==placement looks perfect but that's a months worth of Sundays to get those done, and done so well.
liliv said... (7/1/13 2:17 AM) Reply
I love it! I would do the same with the fake buttons if I wanted to make this style of skirt:) But this way looks much better so your hard work paid off.
sunnysewing said... (6/30/13 3:39 PM) Reply
That is a great idea pammieh; I wish I would have thought of the same. At first it seems daunting with so many pieces but after the initial cutting, the sewing part does go fast... until the buttons lol!
pammieh said... (6/30/13 2:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tips - and I agree with your advice about the fake buttons - I have this pattern and am worried about all the button placement. I am going to use my sloper and adapt the pattern to my existing sloper.