Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5571 (Misses' Robe, Belt, Top, Gown and Pants)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest
Reviewed by:Tina Rathbone

About Tina Rathbonestar
Member since: 9/16/02
Posted on:7/2/13 5:44 AM
Last Updated:7/6/13 6:32 PM

See other patterns in this category: Sleepwear

Tina Rathbone said... (7/7/13 1:21 PM) Reply
I debated on the girly trim myself, but it needed something. A teensy way for me to stretch by heading out of my (non-frilly) comfort zone. Onto the pants ...
Sew Whatever said... (7/7/13 8:58 AM) Reply
It does look a good pattern for summer pjs. I like the way the lacy part finishes it off.
Tina Rathbone said... (7/6/13 9:42 PM) Reply
Vintage Joan, I just checked the Butterick site and it's still available under Out of Print, Misses. It's not out of stock, but it's pricey at $15.95 or something ... Gee, and I only bought this last year. Pity they'd cancel such a useful and cute pattern.
Vintage Joan said... (7/6/13 7:08 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! This is exactly what I've been looking for -- a simple-cut nightgown/pj pattern. ...Darn, it's out of print. :(
Tina Rathbone said... (7/3/13 12:07 PM) Reply
Aw, PattyGee, thanks! I think it came out cute so far, but am wondering if bottoms in the same fabric and trim would be too much? Oh well, I guess they are pajamas, after all!
PattyGee said... (7/3/13 0:10 AM) Reply
Love your blog and your pj top turned out so cute!
Tina Rathbone said... (7/2/13 2:11 PM) Reply
Thank you for saying that ... I was on the fence about the whole lace thing, but I'm pleased with the overall effect.
mollyshark said... (7/2/13 7:20 AM) Reply
I love the eyelet detail. Putting the ribbon through really put a gorgeous finish on it.

Made By Rae peekaboo