Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1353 (Misses'/Misses' Petite Dress)

Reviewed by:sunnysewer

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

JayG said... (12/31/13 5:01 AM) Reply
I love the look! I am making it in a daring fabric of some shantung weight unknown fabric. I'm making it for a well proprtioned friend so I hope the fit works. I have her bra on my dress model so i"ll try and fit it like you have suggested.
Seweemama said... (7/5/13 10:27 AM) Reply
I love the dress and think it looks wonderful on you!!
Hilary said... (7/4/13 11:41 PM) Reply
love your dress! The color is so pretty-I like yours far better than the pattern photo :o)
prostheticsgirl said... (7/3/13 12:00 PM) Reply
I always enjoy reading your reviews and you make such lovely dresses. I think your fabric is great! The color is beautiful and really shows off the pleating.
staymay said... (7/3/13 10:33 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for doing this review. I've had this pattern for a little while and just was too intimidated to try it ithout seeing someone else's end result first. I think your dress is beautiful! Sounded like a lot of work. I agree with MNBarb. The dress has a nice hourglass look. Nice job!
NC Carol said... (7/3/13 9:05 AM) Reply
Great review. Thanks for opining on the fabrics suggested. This helps me cuz I have a similar New Look pattern and was wondering about fabrics for it.
frozensouth said... (7/3/13 4:41 AM) Reply
I just had another look at this. Definitely nothing wrong with your shoulder straps. You definitely need different shoes with it but I'm sure you worked that out for yourself!
Aafke said... (7/3/13 2:13 AM) Reply
What a great dress! I ordered this pattern and now I can't wait for it to get here. I think the shoulder straps look fine and the dress looks very good on you.
cleverkitty said... (7/2/13 7:27 PM) Reply
yes I agree with aaltje the dress in it's self looks fine but on your small frame the width of the shoulder straps could have been less Your sewing is just beautiful I love the details you provided Excellent Review as always :)
aaltje said... (7/2/13 4:26 PM) Reply
I think the dress is beautiful, I love the colour, the design, but I also do understand your "shoulder problem". It is not visible on the dress form, the proportions are right, but it looks a bit different on you. Not bad though, not at all, I think it is a very pretty dress on you - your dress makes me want the pattern, that's how much I like it. It is a pity that it just didn't turn out as expected, I know the feeling ;)
mnitts said... (7/2/13 3:39 PM) Reply
Currently in Portugal Beth having a fab time but couldn't resist commenting to say I absolutely love this dress for its beautiful feminine shape and details. I think you look stunning in it. Wish I had got it in my last vogue sale lot but dare not now!
frozensouth said... (7/2/13 3:07 PM) Reply
This is absolutely amazing. I was desperate for someone to make it and photograph it so we can see the pleats. I love it. The wide shoulder straps are just right. I am so sad that you say it's difficult to fit as I am a beginner. I already have this pattern but I won't attempt it until I have a few others under my belt. Congratulations. Just beautiful
Re Becca said... (7/2/13 2:47 PM) Reply
I like the shoulders and neckline with the skirt. I think its perfect for a light weight cotton lawn, can't imagine it in dupioni. I agree about those bust darts, seriously, who do they think we are? I hope it grows on you, I think its very flattering and I just love the color on you.
CissieW said... (7/2/13 1:58 PM) Reply
Sorry that you're not happy with your dress. But I think it looks very nice on you. I agree about the skirt being the best part!
a life in stitches said... (7/2/13 12:33 PM) Reply
Great dress - I think the proportions are right for you.
MNBarb said... (7/2/13 12:08 PM) Reply
I disagree and think the chunkier shoulders balance the skirt nicely. The pleated skirt is lovely and I love this style of neckline. I think I have this same poplin fabric. It's a tough one to match with a pattern since it has some crispness. That said, I really like your dress. The details all give a nice illusion of an hourglass silhouette so everyone who wears it can look like Marilyn Monroe!

Understanding Wool Fabrics