Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5786 (Misses Top)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

Swim Style Patterns

Swimwear Gymwear Patterns

Style Composer said... (8/28/15 3:43 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for this review because I have the exact pattern size and have the same problem where I have to take in the bust and widen near the stomach. This is actually my first pattern project outside of class so I did not know it is rare to find a pattern that looks good on plus sizes. I thought it would be easier than finding clothes in a store but I guess not. Anyway, it is cute on you and glad you found something to cover up and still keep cool. That is also a reason why I bought this pattern.
Style Composer said... (8/28/15 3:42 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for this review because I have the exact pattern size and have the same problem where I have to take in the bust and widen near the stomach. This is actually my first pattern project outside of class so I did not know it is rare to find a pattern that looks good on plus sizes. I thought it would be easier than finding clothes in a store but I guess not. Anyway, it is cute on you and glad you found something to cover up and still keep cool. That is also a teason why I bought this pattern.
Sew Whatever said... (7/14/13 6:54 PM) Reply
I think it was a good move to lay it out on the straight of grain. It doesn't seem to affect the look. and you are right, it suits you.
Doctor Sister said... (7/7/13 1:27 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing. I had not even looked at this pattern. I'm also a plus size and it looks really good on you. i will look at the pattern now, I've been looking for a blouse pattern. I think the bias might be really attractive if I have the yardage. Thanks for posting.
Rebecca D said... (7/7/13 8:55 AM) Reply
I keep thinking about this pattern. You got a great fit and I agree- make more!
mssewcrazy said... (7/7/13 7:52 AM) Reply
Nice summer top -I really like the pattern which I had not noticed before-something newer in a blouse.
FreyaStark said... (7/7/13 2:53 AM) Reply
Thanks for a useful review. It looks like a really nice, summery blouse. I wish your thumbnail was larger and that your main pic would enlarge so that I could have a closer look.
sewme47 said... (7/6/13 7:35 PM) Reply
I didn't realize this was a bias-cut pattern...thanks for the review...and you look cute in your new top.!

PerfectFuseTailorUltra White