Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7190 (coat and Jacket)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:7/3/13 0:14 AM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
MNBarb said... (7/8/13 1:26 PM) Reply
Love the simple style in linen. The collar is so flattering on you.
Heatherrique said... (7/5/13 2:37 PM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL jacket, Annette! Burda's jacket did not do it for me. Yours is very nicely tailored and made, which is lacking in RTW jackets that I have seen up close and personal. The white is so apropos for summer and versatile with your fall wardrobe. I like the length and stlyle on you. BTW: I adore your hair!
blue mooney said... (7/5/13 7:43 AM) Reply
That's a wow! Fantastic dramatic collar. I'm with you about leaving out nonsensical details.
Margaret said... (7/4/13 10:00 AM) Reply
Wonderful jacket! It looks great on you and I love the closure!
JanisC said... (7/4/13 9:59 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, Annette!
marthamyers said... (7/4/13 9:04 AM) Reply
what a versatile piece. lovely!
1SewSweet said... (7/4/13 7:09 AM) Reply
I agree with every one here Annette, this is a great jakt on you! The details are stunning and I'm totally in love with that closure!
CynthiaSue said... (7/4/13 4:28 AM) Reply
There's Annette!! Miss you! You have the best closures; you must collect them. You are looking stunning in white and your sewing skills are impeccable on this fine jacket!!
Sweetiebop said... (7/4/13 0:47 AM) Reply
Hey Annette, Have Missed you too. I especially love all those cool buttons you always find. Love this linen jacket.
cmcarr said... (7/3/13 10:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket.
Annette1 said... (7/3/13 9:52 PM) Reply
Thank you, ladies! You know, I never thought about that, Shams, but you're right, the line drawings DON'T show those shoulders as being dropped. I think the actual design is intentional, because the sleeve has a fairly flat curve, but somebody wasn't paying attention when they drew them -- ha!
Jstarr4250 said... (7/3/13 4:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful-I love it in linen. Thanks for a wonderfully thorough review (and I'm with you on the Flickr changes!)
msmull3562 said... (7/3/13 2:09 PM) Reply
Love your version. I have this pattern but have not made it up yet. You have inspired me.
sfshaza said... (7/3/13 1:52 PM) Reply
A GREAT jacket, Annette, and very flattering! But I am a little confused. When I look at the made up jacket on the envelope, it does have dropped shoulders, as it does on your version. But the line drawing really looks like a regular set-in sleeve. Do you think it's a drafting error? Like you, I much prefer a set in sleeve and this jacket is so cute. I had never seen the pattern, but now I have to track it down, but I think I would change it to a set-in sleeve. Thanks, once again, for a most thorough review!!!
Karendee said... (7/3/13 12:42 PM) Reply
My, my the jacket is a true couture look in every way. The heavy linen, elegant style, amazing collar and perfect details just makes me gasp in amazement. Absolutely no one makes a better jacket than you do; that is the basis of your designation, the Jacket Queen. So glad that you have shown us the lovely pic of you in your new jacket. You do look like a queen.
carolynw said... (7/3/13 11:19 AM) Reply
You look wonderful - and the jacket too!! Ha!! Love how you sized up for a perfect fit. The look is elegant and stylish and everything I love and I will not buy this pattern - no! Well when is that darn Burda going on sale again? Well done Annette as always and so good to see a review from you - one from me is waaay overdue but is coming soon
Barbara V said... (7/3/13 10:15 AM) Reply
So you chose the simple unadorned style. There's a name for the result: "Simple Elegance" and that is what you achieved with your very pretty jacket.....a very elegant look! The collar style of course is fabulous and looks great on you. Keep those reviews coming!!!!!
marec said... (7/3/13 9:48 AM) Reply
This is such a stylish and chic jacket on you Annette! Wonderful work and very inspiring to me, who has been sewing pj pants and easy tops. Good point about design details...I had not thought of that before.
Christas said... (7/3/13 9:25 AM) Reply
Another excellent review by the "Jacket Queen"! This jacket is so "you". I really hope you make another one. Are you sure you have "lots" of patterns? LOL! Anyway, I love this one on you and always marvel at how you have such a knack for "seeing" how a pattern will look without certain details (able to see the bones of a pattern). This is another winner even if you don't like the back! Ha! You won't even SEE the back when you're wearing it, and you're always your worst critic. I am sure as wonderful as the front looks, that the back looks just as nice! Wonderful sewing, Annette...... as ALWAYS!
liliv said... (7/3/13 8:30 AM) Reply
Very stylish!! I love this collar!
Re Becca said... (7/3/13 7:23 AM) Reply
That does look fabulous. I totally agree about those pattern pieces, that annoys me about their download patterns too.
BillieJean said... (7/3/13 6:53 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and as usual, a very thorough review. Thanks!
Sigrid. said... (7/3/13 5:51 AM) Reply
This is so YOU Annette, the button and the style. Lovely. And thank you for your Granny Grump remark, smiling here and absolutely feeling exactly the same, though on another webalbum site. Not all changes make for easier working.
FreyaStark said... (7/3/13 5:21 AM) Reply
Very smart, and an impressive effort. I agree with you about pointless detail; I often skip them.
Renata said... (7/3/13 2:21 AM) Reply
No, no, no, I don't need another pattern. Except I love the collar and lapels, in fact I just love the whole look, and it does look so flattering on you. That clasp closure is perfect too. Oh, love the fabric too.
nadialou said... (7/3/13 2:06 AM) Reply
Very flattering photo, esp collar.

SewBaby Easy Appliqued Bibs Pattern