Pattern Reviews> Period Patterns> 56 (Late Tudor & Elizabethan Gowns)

Reviewed by:Dallandra

About Dallandrastar
Member since: 2/3/12
Posted on:7/3/13 11:02 AM
Last Updated:7/4/13 8:46 AM

Other Projects by Dallandra using this Pattern

Dallandra said... (7/19/13 11:22 AM) Reply
Aaaah thanks girls! Don't let it get to you stirwatersblue!! Take your time to figure out how the pattern pieces should go (with a mock up for example) without looking at the instructions too much. Which view will you be making?
stirwatersblue said... (7/19/13 8:00 AM) Reply
You make a spectacular Elizabeth! Thanks for the review; I'm about to embark on PP 46 (the Saxon gown), and the instructions are kind of intimidating, and they're really aren't a ton of reviews out there. It's nice to see these patterns made up. :)
sezza899 said... (7/15/13 2:31 AM) Reply
This is amazing! I love your reproduction of Elizabeth's Ditchy gown! Such attention to detail! :)
eleda said... (7/8/13 9:16 PM) Reply
Just beautiful!
Dallandra said... (7/8/13 11:41 AM) Reply
I'm a free member of this website koffeegypsy so I can't seem to send you a message :( Does it work if you send me a message first? If not, you can also go to for info on that fantasy fair (called Elfia, it is held in Haarzuilens in April and in Arcen in September).
Seweemama said... (7/5/13 10:15 AM) Reply
You did an amazing job! And, such beautiful detail!
Pollycotton said... (7/5/13 4:01 AM) Reply
madbadger said... (7/4/13 10:57 PM) Reply
JOshiro said... (7/4/13 8:23 PM) Reply
Jaw-dropping stunned amazement! I have no words! Golly jeeze!
GwenH said... (7/4/13 12:43 PM) Reply
I'm in awe!
arianamaniacs said... (7/4/13 12:27 PM) Reply
Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! I bow to your superior costume ability :)
koffeegypsy said... (7/4/13 10:48 AM) Reply
Love your costumes that you made, and moving north of Dusseldorf soon - would love info on the fantasy/historial fair in the Netherlands and any European info you can pass of such events, can you PM me some please!!! Thanks much!!
PattyE said... (7/4/13 10:24 AM) Reply
Oh my! That's all I can say! LOL
Dallandra said... (7/4/13 8:52 AM) Reply
Oh geez, so many comments! I did not expect that :) @SewLibra: It was for a fantasy/historical fair here in The Netherlands. It's actually one of the biggest in Europe and a lot of fun. @prostheticsgirl: I don't think I have a lot of pictures of the process sadly. Tend to forget that :)
JEF said... (7/4/13 8:20 AM) Reply
Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous.
LTC said... (7/4/13 1:36 AM) Reply
Wow this is fabulous, you look sensational. Wonderful sewing.
SewLibra said... (7/3/13 11:36 PM) Reply
Whoa...awesome! I wouldn't even attempt something like this. It's gorgeous, and I can only imagine how difficult this must have been. Kudos! I wonder if this gown is for an Elizabethan Faire or a play?
slmstyle said... (7/3/13 8:37 PM) Reply
Amazing! I am in awe of your sewing skills and expertise!
KensingtonCrab said... (7/3/13 6:50 PM) Reply
Beautiful and amazing!
craigrama said... (7/3/13 4:00 PM) Reply
Wow, that is not only a great sample of sewing, but also an amazing piece of engineering. Congrats! Great work.
Gingercat13 said... (7/3/13 1:44 PM) Reply
Are you KIDDING ME???!!! This is AWESOME!!! BRAVO :)
sunnysewer said... (7/3/13 1:08 PM) Reply
mind-boggling, so fantastic
Laurie Lou said... (7/3/13 12:50 PM) Reply
My Word! The reality is you have to put this much garment up and through your machine...and as complex as it must be....I can't even imagine! You must be a sewing genius because your costume (s) are amazing!!! So much detail! I'm beyond impressed!
prostheticsgirl said... (7/3/13 12:36 PM) Reply
Wow! I would love to read about your construction process and see some close up pics of the details and embelishments

StyleArc Jenny Shirt