Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8974 (Skirt)

Reviewed by:Ruth T

About Ruth Tstar
MI USA
Member since: 1/10/03
Posted on:4/8/05 10:06 PM
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
Rebecca H said... (5/27/05 7:11 PM) Reply
Thanks! I have had this pattern for awhile, but still haven't made it. I bought some linen/cotton blend today, I hope it is drapey enough. Thanks for the helpful hints!
Ruth T said... (4/10/05 3:45 PM) Reply
AnneM- This would be perfect - one of the views is just such a treatment. You leave most of the side seam open for the sheer layer on top. Yes I added the elastic MOST of the way around. In my review I realized that it wasn't clear that I put the zipper in the center back seam. I left a few inches on either side of the opening without the elactic so I could put in the button-hole and sew on the button. Next time I will put in the button hole before I put in the elastic - it was hard to do afterwards! The fabric didn't want to feed through the machine!
AnneM said... (4/9/05 10:45 AM) Reply
Sounds like a great skirt. Someone on the message board was just contemplating what skirt to make with a matching solid & sheer; this looks like it might be a good pattern for that. Did you add the elastic the entire way around the waistband?

by: Nan Kay