Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5853 (Misses Tops)

Reviewed by:Christas

About Christasstarstarstarstar
OK USA
Member since: 3/16/06
Posted on:7/9/13 11:00 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
SewWil said... (7/12/13 3:35 AM) Reply
Super cute top! I love the lettuce edge.
trinicity said... (7/11/13 10:54 AM) Reply
This is so pretty!!!
wildberrymom said... (7/11/13 10:50 AM) Reply
Great top--I'm not a fan of unfinished edges either--love your solution!
KatC83 said... (7/11/13 6:29 AM) Reply
What a cute and flattering top! Thanks for a helpful review.
Karen Carr said... (7/11/13 3:39 AM) Reply
This is lovely and your version looks much better than the one on the pattern envelope!
marthamyers said... (7/10/13 10:03 PM) Reply
Nice work! It looks like it would be more complicated to make than you describe. Nice to see a cute sleeveless top.
Deepika said... (7/10/13 9:24 PM) Reply
So cute. I'll have to give it a try.
ArtAttack said... (7/10/13 5:55 PM) Reply
This is adorable as are all of your renditions of it...I'm sorry I missed out on this cute pattern!
Karendee said... (7/10/13 12:33 PM) Reply
Christa, this is a darling top and looks so good with the long skirt. I love the way these two pieces look together. The style and the ruffled hem really puts this little top over the top. Great job.
carolynw said... (7/10/13 11:25 AM) Reply
Love this Mrs Cool - just so perfect for this hot summer and looks great on you. Funny that Levonne should ask about your daughter because it was just yesterday I was wondering what she was up to - I too miss her reviews
Barbara V said... (7/10/13 10:29 AM) Reply
This is a very cute top on you Krista. All edges are so nicely finished. It's great to hear how Meggie LuLu is doing and I can't agree more - she'll come back to sewing throughout her life!
Christas said... (7/10/13 9:56 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for the nice comments! Levone, to answer your question, my daughter (Meggie LuLu) talks about how much she misses sewing, but her life is in a really busy stage with college and work. She did repair and hem a bunch of pants the other night, but that's the first time she been at her machine in FOREVER!!! I know she'll come back to it someday; she loved the hobby too much to abandon it forever. Thanks for asking about her.
Levone said... (7/10/13 9:08 AM) Reply
Cute top! If you're slow, I don't know what I am, lol. BTW, how's your daughter doing, does she still sew? I loved her pattern reviews!. :-)
cleverkitty said... (7/10/13 8:38 AM) Reply
The flounce makes this extra nice your whole outfit is inspiring :)
Amanda.Claire said... (7/10/13 7:49 AM) Reply
The little curly edge is sooo perfect! I love your top and I am excited to say that I have this one in my huge pattern stash!
GoodbyeValntino said... (7/10/13 7:34 AM) Reply
What a great top, Krista! The lettuce edge flounce was so clever :)
Danvillegirl said... (7/10/13 5:13 AM) Reply
Perfect top for hot summer days!
Sigrid. said... (7/10/13 2:19 AM) Reply
Good idea, the lettuce edge. Lovely top.
Annette1 said... (7/10/13 0:03 AM) Reply
I REALLY like this with the one flounce, Christa, and I don't think I would have thought to do it that way. And, I must say, that lettuce edge on the flounce is one of the best design features, INVENTED BY YOU! :o) This makes for a great outfit, with your brown skirt.
Terri A said... (7/9/13 11:53 PM) Reply