Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5002 (Swing Skirt)

Reviewed by:DaneDogMom

About DaneDogMomstar
WA USA
Member since: 1/3/05
Posted on:4/9/05 3:20 PM
Last Updated:4/9/05 3:20 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
DaneDogMom said... (4/14/05 4:16 PM) Reply
To anwer a couple of questions - the twin set if actually from Weekenders - their Fall 2004 line - it's the black key-hole t-neck shell and the ruffle edged cardigan. It's that stretchy "travelers" fabric they have at Chico's too. Also the fabric usually comes on the "cheap" from Pacific Fabric & Iron Works (yep, you can get fabric, notions, AND an outboard motor and industrial size fishing bouys at the same place) on 4th Ave in Seattle. They have 5 yd "chunks" of stretch velvet on a regular basis for about $4.99 a yard. Some of it absolutely gaudy - but I'm sort of a "more is MORE" kinda gal, so it's very fun.
Annika said... (4/11/05 6:35 PM) Reply
Hey! This is one wonderful skirt!
Debbie Cook said... (4/10/05 12:28 PM) Reply
Great skirt and it really caught my eye because I have that fabric too!
Karen Bowers said... (4/10/05 10:42 AM) Reply
wonderful job! loes would approve your look i'm sure!
CatherineG said... (4/10/05 6:56 AM) Reply
Wow, another fabulous creation. I've always thought LH patterns too simplistic to be stylish, but not anymore!
jlg said... (4/10/05 6:46 AM) Reply
Beautiful skirt. I have to say that this is also my favorite skirt pattern.
Lyn B. said... (4/9/05 7:56 PM) Reply
This is beautiful! I love the twin set as well. I have this pattern, but haven't tried it yet. You have convinced me to dust it off and make it!
tigger said... (4/9/05 5:08 PM) Reply
Love the skirt and the fabric is of course, fantastic! I love this skirt too - it's just a great pattern for everyone!
Tonia Van Dyk said... (4/9/05 4:36 PM) Reply
Gorgeous skirt, JoLo! I really like the sweater set too.
Georgene said... (4/9/05 4:31 PM) Reply
HI JoLo, I've been enjoying your reviews with all the stretch velvets, one of my favorite fabrics too. It must have stopped raining long enough to capture all your photos in your beautiful back yard. I was up in the Seattle-Tacoma area last week for the first time and had to marvel at the changeable nature of the weather. I'd love to see some of your other versions of this. The proportion of skirt to flounce can be so widely varied, making this pattern really versatile. I loved the way you put the flounce on the dress as well.
mrs quickly said... (4/9/05 3:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful. Love the fabric. What's your favorite source for stretch velvet?
Peggy L said... (4/9/05 3:54 PM) Reply
Great looking skirt. I love this pattern, too. What top is that - sweater set?? Great outfit.

by: guineveres...