Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6752 (Misses' Tops and Dress)

Reviewed by:Izybel18

About Izybel18star
IN United States
Member since: 12/27/12
Posted on:7/11/13 8:43 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
fabricfanatic said... (1/31/14 9:58 AM) Reply
I think the chevron fabric looks great on you!
dingyadi said... (7/12/13 6:49 AM) Reply
Noooo! The chevron fabric makes this extra stunning. It looks gorgeous and nothing unflattering at all.
cmcarr said... (7/12/13 0:09 AM) Reply
You and the dress look beautiful.
Jrhee said... (7/11/13 8:20 PM) Reply
I also think this dress looks great on you! It would also look great with a solid jacket or cardigan when the weather gets cooler.
Corkypompom said... (7/11/13 6:56 PM) Reply
I think the fabric choice is actually right on target for the style and it looks sharp on you. Well done!
Izybel18 said... (7/11/13 5:10 PM) Reply
Thank you SO much everyone! I'll definitely add some accessories to see if that tones down the look a bit. I'm glad to see that some of my concerns might have been all in my head!
slmstyle said... (7/11/13 3:53 PM) Reply
I love this dress on you!
Danmar said... (7/11/13 3:41 PM) Reply
My opinion is that the dress is flattering and slimming, but I agree with your sleeve/chevron too much assessment, now that you mention it. The other reviewers mention adding belt or accessories to draw the eye away from this area and maybe that is a good idea. I found your review very helpful. Thanks!
Levone said... (7/11/13 11:11 AM) Reply
I love your dress, was surprised to read that you don't. I love the chevron print made up in this style.
caper81 said... (7/11/13 10:37 AM) Reply
Very cute! Great idea putting in the pockets too :)
SewWil said... (7/11/13 10:09 AM) Reply
I like your fabric choice and think your dress looks great on you.
JoyLove said... (7/11/13 9:30 AM) Reply
I think it's a great dress & looks wonderful on you! I like the chevron as is, but if you wanted to tone down it's impact some, you could dye the dress - the white would take on the color of the dye & the blue would be a darker color of the same shade.
MrsCharisma said... (7/11/13 9:00 AM) Reply
Oh I'm so jealous!!! This looks great on you!!! Mine looked like a bad sack. I knew right away that fabric was from Girl Charlee :) I've never ordered from there but apparently, I should!
jilly cooper said... (7/11/13 8:57 AM) Reply
the chevron makes this so interesting, way better than the envelope, awesome dress
ArtAttack said... (7/11/13 8:48 AM) Reply
Oh, it's adorable on you! I disagree...it is slenderizing and flattering...cute!

Maggie Paper Pattern