Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5314

Posted on:7/13/13 6:02 PM

Butterick: 5314 by Jstarr4250
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
lmb09 said... (7/23/13 7:26 PM) Reply
Wow...this is beautiful! Love it!!!
prostheticsgirl said... (7/21/13 10:34 AM) Reply
You make such beautiful and elegant clothes and I always enjoy your reviews
Stitching fairy said... (7/18/13 6:02 AM) Reply
This is absolutely beautiful! You do have a lovely figure, in fact you were one of the ladies that inspired me to go on a diet after seeing your outfits, I have lost a stone since April, just another half a stone to go! lol
SewWil said... (7/17/13 10:50 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress! I'm a sucker for a pique summer dress.
MNBarb said... (7/16/13 2:23 PM) Reply
The fabric was a real find. I love the added texture of pique woven. The back is a good reason to fit as you sew. A beautifully fresh summer sundress.
GoodbyeValntino said... (7/15/13 3:42 PM) Reply
This pretty dress must fit like a glove with 20 darts! Thanks for the review!
slmstyle said... (7/15/13 1:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! I'll bet it looks fantastic on you!
grays08 said... (7/14/13 9:07 PM) Reply
Wow, this is fresh and pretty looking, great fabric for the dress, and I love the pattern too! 20 darts...oh my, marking those most have been a chore too! You have my respect for all that work, but the outcome is lovely.
CissieW said... (7/14/13 2:06 PM) Reply
Perfect summer dress. If it ever stops raining, I'm sure you'll get lots of wear about of this!
Pj3g said... (7/14/13 1:50 PM) Reply
Very pretty and love the fabric!
mnitts said... (7/14/13 8:44 AM) Reply
20 darts? Really? Wow! Nonetheless beautifully elegant.
Danmar said... (7/14/13 7:39 AM) Reply
I think your pattern choice and fabric selection are perfect. Your workmanship is so good. The neckline looks perfect. I appreciate the tips and review.
JanieBee said... (7/14/13 7:18 AM) Reply
beautiful dress!
HRigg said... (7/14/13 5:11 AM) Reply
This is so elegant. Lovely. I rather like the seaming at the waist rather than a straight sheath dress.
Merche said... (7/14/13 4:46 AM) Reply
I love a good summer seath in pique. The colour on yours and the design you chose are perfect. Going to read all about the darts!
SewLibra said... (7/13/13 11:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful as always! You sure had to take a lot from the back. Wish I could do that with anything I sew...Ah, the good ole days. I love your fabric and the cut of the bodice on this.
stonecutter17 said... (7/13/13 11:19 PM) Reply
A stunner!
ArtAttack said... (7/13/13 10:42 PM) Reply
I'm so excited that this 20-dart wonder is OOP! How gorgeous it is on you, however. What a beautiful summer night sheath...
cleverkitty said... (7/13/13 10:05 PM) Reply
yikes another great dress pattern, your fabric is wonderful in this pique color, so easy to wear maybe not to sew but I bet all is forgotten when it looks this good, you took off quite a bit off the back...beautiful :)
Sue Parrott said... (7/13/13 9:45 PM) Reply
Wow, 20 darts is uncalled for, but what a cute dress! Wow, I love your fabric, it is perfect for this!
LauraHarkawik said... (7/13/13 8:57 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
Sallys Sewing Journal said... (7/13/13 8:54 PM) Reply
I love this dress!! do you have a blog?
liliv said... (7/13/13 7:27 PM) Reply
What a nice pique, in a lovely color and these roses are perfect! And what a smart dress, it looks high end! I love this pattern and you picked the greatest view to use!
Barbara V said... (7/13/13 6:59 PM) Reply
What - 20 darts??!!! Oh my goodness. You were busy with this one! But look at the fabulous result - The style is lovely as well as the fabric....very beautiful!
sewstitched said... (7/13/13 6:32 PM) Reply
Thank you for posting;love your fabric and pattern choice. It looks amazing!
Adaire said... (7/13/13 6:23 PM) Reply
This is delightful and looks very summery although you have such a lovely figure that I expect you would look lovely in a pastel potato sack! Sigh.

Full Bust DVD