Pattern Reviews> Made By Rae> Washi Dress (Washi Dress)

Reviewed by:westmoon

Last Updated:7/27/13 12:41 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
mutters said... (2/14/15 10:09 AM) Reply
Love your use of the print. Like everyone else, if you hadn't mentioned the bird I wouldn't have noticed. I did go back and take a good look and the bird does not draw your eye to it. I am interested in making this dress because of the shirring and I really like your use of princess seams for the bodice front. I just might make the dress now. Thanks for your review.
NancyZL said... (7/19/13 7:21 PM) Reply
Very pretty!
Zoomitron said... (7/15/13 12:13 PM) Reply
Nope - the bird didn't speak to me at all. Very lovely dress, fits great. I'm hanging on to this pattern and some lovely Britex cotton, cause I'm in the middle of a weight loss program. Washi is my incentive, and since it's a fairly forgiving style, I think it won't be long till I can sew it up and enjoy it. Love the grey and white. I have a dress made from a curtain, and every time I wear it I fear someone will tell me that my dress hangs in their kitchen window. Thanks for your review.
BeaJay said... (7/15/13 3:10 AM) Reply
Gorgeous and as others have said - if you didn't point out the birdy - no one would notice. Love this dress on you. Great version.
wingamajig said... (7/14/13 12:49 PM) Reply
I love the border print! The bird doesn't look oddly placed at all. Also, nice job on the princess seams, it fits well and compliments your figure.
sunnysewing said... (7/14/13 9:36 AM) Reply
I applaud your efforts! I too have had a tough time getting this pattern to fit right. I think you did a wonderful job and your dress looks great! I didn't notice the bird either! Thanks for all the helpful tips - maybe I'll try this pattern out again :D
BillieJean said... (7/14/13 6:36 AM) Reply
Cute dress! Forget the bird - I wouldn't have thought about it if you hadn't mentioned it.

StyleArc Twiggy Dress