This dress turned out pretty much as I had envisioned. I used a polyester chiffon, underlined it with some stiffer polyester fabric, and lined the bodice with a cotton/silk blend. The fabric was inherently difficult to work with, but I intended this to be a wearable muslin and didn't want to spend much on the first go-around.
The fit was OK, except I had to take in the upper section of the bodice about an inch on both sides.
My biggest complaint is in the instructions. The bodice is lined but using the instructions given the waist seam and zipper seams would be inelegantly finished. I did change the construction order somewhat because I used an invisible zipper, and because it was a muslin I just served the raw edges, but it would have been nice if the directions had shown how to finish this dress properly.
On the good side, the ruffles are really pretty and I love the design. I'll definitely make this again.
Buy this pattern for $15.16 List Price: $18.95Add to Bag