Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2013-115 (Twisted Maxi Dress)

Reviewed by:Ms. McCall

About Ms. McCallstar
Member since: 3/2/06
Posted on:7/14/13 4:45 AM
Last Updated:7/14/13 5:28 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
liliv said... (7/26/13 1:49 AM) Reply
Your dress is gorgeous, the print is so lovely with these deep colors! I don't see any problem with the chevrons at the back because the print is interrupted anyway by the long ties ( you see they are helpful!). I hadn't thought using this pattern for a casual dress and now I see that I was wrong. I made the same dress (in solid) these days and I had exactly the same confussion with the center front and the center fold:) As far as I know there was only one dress on burdastyle (in solid green) made with this pattern, the lady had posted a link under the pattern page if you want to see it. But there are tons of twisted maxi dresses on the Russian burdastyle.
Barbara V said... (7/25/13 11:02 PM) Reply
So pretty! The twist style, fabric and flattering fit on you.....all really great.
CynthiaSue said... (7/25/13 9:50 PM) Reply
Beautiful. Congratulations on your awesome success with this difficult pattern!
JuliN said... (7/15/13 12:05 PM) Reply
The twist front is my favorite part of the dress. Looks comfy, thanks for sharing.
grays08 said... (7/15/13 9:07 AM) Reply
Oh I love this one....on my list to make up soon out of a border print, but I hear you on pattern matching. I studied it for awhile trying to figure out the best way to lay out my border print and then sat it aside for awhile. It is a great dress though, worth the effort!
halleyscomet said... (7/14/13 3:48 PM) Reply
I love the style of this maxi. Looks great on you too.
Jrhee said... (7/14/13 11:24 AM) Reply
Striking dress! A "twist" on the maxi...
madbadger said... (7/14/13 11:23 AM) Reply
What a wonderful dress!!! Your struggles were worth it!
Kathhhhhy said... (7/14/13 10:29 AM) Reply
I really like your fabric! I was considering this pattern for myself but wasn't sure, this was super helpful to see a good review with it! Thanks, I really like this!!
sunnysewing said... (7/14/13 9:34 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress. I love your fabric. I didn't even think of pattern placement - your print is busy enough that it works great. I appreciate your tips regarding the construction. great job!
dbsewer said... (7/14/13 8:50 AM) Reply
Despite the struggles with Burda's typically wonky instructions, you managed to do a terrific job and make a pretty dress that's elegant on you. Love the pics on the beach.
caper81 said... (7/14/13 8:37 AM) Reply
Very eye-catching "twist" of the ever-popular maxi dress ;) Looks great on you!
Understanding Interfacings