Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1212 (Misses' Coat)

Reviewed by:valerie sews

About valerie sewsstarstarstar
Member since: 10/1/03
Posted on:7/14/13 8:37 PM
Last Updated:7/15/13 4:51 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
JayG said... (8/17/14 2:47 AM) Reply
I amgoing to make this pattern, thanks so much for your review. Your fabric choice is very inspiring.
Morisot said... (8/15/13 1:51 PM) Reply
Beautiful marriage of fabric and pattern.
Margaret said... (7/17/13 10:55 AM) Reply
Very pretty jacket! I'm glad you could make it work despite the fitting problems. That is amazing fabric and I love how you've matched it across the zip.
suesew4me said... (7/17/13 6:54 AM) Reply
A very nice jacket
arianamaniacs said... (7/17/13 6:19 AM) Reply
how cool is this? you did an excellent job! love your fabric choice :)
Clareew said... (7/16/13 4:39 PM) Reply
Brilliant jacket Val, I love your fabric combinations.
MNBarb said... (7/16/13 1:06 PM) Reply
Ooh, this is why we sew. You can't find this funky, uniqueness in RTW. Have fun wearing your jazzy coat.
VogueMistress said... (7/16/13 10:34 AM) Reply
I love the look and you did a great job. I hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor.
lamstu said... (7/15/13 8:58 PM) Reply
Such an amazing jacket with this really gorgeous fabric. I have this pattern not yet made. Thanks for a thorough review.
liliv said... (7/15/13 7:57 PM) Reply
Amazing coat!
carolynw said... (7/15/13 6:32 PM) Reply
Gorgeous - Ģi wnt one just like it!! May have been a lot of work but it sure paid off big time
Claverie said... (7/15/13 5:25 PM) Reply
Gorgeous.
valerie sews said... (7/15/13 4:48 PM) Reply
Wowee Thank you ladies. I am glad to have been of help. I have already worn the coat and literally been stopped by people wanting to know where I got it!
Pj3g said... (7/15/13 1:29 PM) Reply
Awesome coat!
VivianZ said... (7/15/13 1:09 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket. Even though it gave you grief, the result is so lovely!
Cuffs said... (7/15/13 12:32 PM) Reply
That is one knockout coat! I was going to compliment you on your mix of fabrics, but I guess I will say how impressed I am with the way you handled that unusual print to make it look really incredible. Awesome!
atymonw said... (7/15/13 10:48 AM) Reply
It's a gorgeous coat! And thanks for the heads up on the pattern difficulties.
Judy Kski said... (7/15/13 10:45 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket you've created. Soon you'll forget about how much work you put into making it and just enjoy wearing it.
grays08 said... (7/15/13 9:01 AM) Reply
Fabulous! You didn't make the pattern seem like a nightmare but adequately voiced your concerns about it - excellent job! It's a ton of work, and I'm sure you are ready to move on to something else. = ) This is really great, and I appreciate all of your info as I have this pattern in my stash.
cocosloft said... (7/15/13 7:29 AM) Reply
Crazy gorgeous!
Danvillegirl said... (7/15/13 5:14 AM) Reply
All your sewing, removing stitches and restitching paid off in a big way. Very informational review.
BeaJay said... (7/15/13 2:55 AM) Reply
That is one lovely jacket. Very unique. Love it. Worth the trouble it gave you.
manola6176 said... (7/15/13 1:13 AM) Reply
Valerie Your fabric make the coat unique !!! I've had this pattern in my stash for many years but I am still looking for the fabric. Your review is very helpful.
ArtAttack said... (7/14/13 9:49 PM) Reply
What a fabulous jacket! I love the fabric combination you used. Very high-end boutique looking coat!
SewLibra said... (7/14/13 9:23 PM) Reply
Wow! So much work but you look great in this unique coat! I am currently working on a jacket that does not have instructions for a lining, so I am using an underlining technique new to me. I did make a muslin, which I admit I don't usually do, but it's still a lot of extra work I didn't count on. You did great on this.

SewBaby Quick and Comfy Dresses Pattern