Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1109 (MISSES' TOP)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:7/20/13 9:39 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/9/13 9:01 PM) Reply
Another great review. You look fantastic. Stop encouraging me to buy more patterns. Tee Hee. Beautiful work as always.
Ann Smith said... (7/27/13 1:55 AM) Reply
This is such a great pattern. I'm so glad you finally made it.... it looks terrific.
Oh2Sew2 said... (7/22/13 10:02 PM) Reply
Stripes are just so hot this year! Very cute!
JillyBe said... (7/22/13 6:03 PM) Reply
Another pattern that I need to push to the top of my To Do List after seeing your flattering result!
Erin Sooit said... (7/22/13 5:11 PM) Reply
Wow! What a beautiful top. And yes, it looks fab with the skirt you paired it with. I guess this means I HAVE TO look for this pattern! Thanks for your review! :)
Maree P said... (7/22/13 7:41 AM) Reply
This is a fabulous Tshirt on you.
sew2little said... (7/22/13 1:20 AM) Reply
Barbara, this is a great top, and I'm with your husband: I love it with the skirt. Your sewing retreat sounds just wonderful, as I expected it would!
grey ann said... (7/21/13 10:49 PM) Reply
Really unique. Looks soooo nice on you.
TJSEWS said... (7/21/13 7:54 PM) Reply
You are ROCKIN those stripes! Beautiful!
Danvillegirl said... (7/21/13 5:56 PM) Reply
Very nice top!
Heatherrique said... (7/21/13 1:12 PM) Reply
Such an impressive and breathtaking chic top, Barbara! I adore the interplay of stripes: artistry and fashion. It seemed you had SEW much fun at the sewing retreat. You and Cindy make a stripe-pingly lovely duo!
Twinset said... (7/21/13 11:37 AM) Reply
Great top, very flattering!
carolynw said... (7/21/13 10:46 AM) Reply
Love this top - I think this pattern is hidden in my stash and I have a tripe so --- hmmm! Hope mine will look at least half as nice as yours then I will be happy. Your usual really great work
DorothyK said... (7/21/13 10:04 AM) Reply
Fabulous. I think it looks fine with the skirt, but better with a solid bottom. I have always wanted to make this but it has gotten to the bottom of the pile. Thanks for reminding me.
Sue Parrott said... (7/21/13 9:21 AM) Reply
Very helpful review and a beautiful top! Love everything about it! It's cute with the MT skirt as well!
cleverkitty said... (7/21/13 9:07 AM) Reply
looks beautiful on you, I like it with both skirt and jeans. gorgeous fabric :)
Lori V said... (7/21/13 8:17 AM) Reply
Beautiful top, love the stripes and style.
Amanda.Claire said... (7/21/13 8:03 AM) Reply
I adore this top! It is really pretty and flattering. I like it with all of your combinations. What fun to be on a retreat too!
CCcreative said... (7/21/13 7:32 AM) Reply
Great top. It is sharp looking. The sewing retreat sounds awesome.
Jstarr4250 said... (7/21/13 7:00 AM) Reply
Oh I love this one! I will try and hunt it down. The idea of a sewing retreat sounds so fun!
GoodbyeValntino said... (7/21/13 6:02 AM) Reply
Love the top and clever use of stripes! I wish the pattern was still in print.
FreyaStark said... (7/21/13 4:21 AM) Reply
Very snazzy. A cool top. I like it with the jeans.
lamstu said... (7/21/13 0:57 AM) Reply
You sure look happy in all your stripes! The fabric really enhances the design lines of the skirt. I think you can wear them together especially if you smile like that the whole time!
SewLibra said... (7/20/13 11:44 PM) Reply
I love this top and you did an excellent job with the stripes! I particularly like it with the solid pants which lets the top take center stage. I like it with the skirt, too, though. :-)
sfshaza said... (7/20/13 11:38 PM) Reply
What a flattering top, Barbara! It is very cute on you. And I love that skirt!
CynthiaSue said... (7/20/13 11:37 PM) Reply
I love it with the skirt!! What a smart husband. :) But it would be even cuter with the "Tahoe" skirt. :)
SewWil said... (7/20/13 11:25 PM) Reply
Love your top! It looks very nice with the skirt. Nice to see a pic of you and Cindy at the retreat. Looks like fun.
Jrhee said... (7/20/13 11:14 PM) Reply
Fabulous!
Christas said... (7/20/13 10:58 PM) Reply
Ooooh! Your sewing retreat sounds like so much fun! Your top looks so nice, and I personally love it with the striped skirt. Now, I am wishing that I had bought this pattern. I have "almost bought" it several times. Great looking top and outfit! Cute pic of you and Cindy, too!
Elke said... (7/20/13 10:41 PM) Reply
Great looking top ... love the stripes. Your top looks fabulous on you! Thanks for the interesting review and photos.
ArtAttack said... (7/20/13 10:08 PM) Reply
What a great outfit and an even better time at the retreat! I'm sorry I missed out on this pattern...very cute.
grays08 said... (7/20/13 9:52 PM) Reply
I absolutely love this, so flattering and how do you go wrong sewing at Lake Tahoe? I have this pattern in my queue with the fabric ready to go but haven't pulled the trigger, thank you for giving me the push - shooting for fall. Thanks for the wonderful tips too!

J Stern Designs The Tee Paper Pattern