Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> PMB3: (Twist Top)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02
Posted on:4/11/05 8:15 PM
Last Updated:4/11/05 8:15 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Other Projects by Debbie Cook using this Pattern

Susan in Miami said... (7/26/05 6:40 AM) Reply
Thanks, Debbie, for always being so eager to share your hard work in PMB. Susan in Miami
Debbie Spriggs said... (4/12/05 8:35 AM) Reply
This looks great on you! I really like this style with a cami under it. This shade of green is very pretty on you, too!
jlg said... (4/12/05 5:18 AM) Reply
Great top. You are really good at this. I like the pretty green color on you.
Katharine in BXL said... (4/12/05 4:43 AM) Reply
Good point about how on this top the neckline and twist "volume" can be more readily changed than the other two twist patterns. Are you back to wrap tops for a spell?
EmiLee said... (4/12/05 2:02 AM) Reply
Wow! Terrific review, and lovely top! I am in awe of your ability to get the most out of PMB. I've been looking at various pattern drafting software programs, but I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough to do them justice yet. Thanks again for providing such useful information.
tigger said... (4/12/05 2:02 AM) Reply
Again great review and great top - I'm tempted to try drafting my own pattern from a RTW one and you just keep making me want to try - thanks!
Janie Viers said... (4/11/05 11:42 PM) Reply
Instead of a camisol, I would take a page from the Burda magazine view which used a self fabric underlay in the shape of the original v, just higher. If you use self fabric it will just look like you used the twist front as an overlay over the higher v. I love this and do agree it's more flattering for women with girls and tummies!
PVA said... (4/11/05 9:45 PM) Reply
Oh, Boy, you're getting GOOD, Girl! I really like this one better with less bulk in the twist! (The Burda twist has more bulk than either one of my "girls"! (8^D) Now I'll take a gander at the other review!
Sherril Miller said... (4/11/05 9:23 PM) Reply
Debbie, your top is perfect! I like the underbust part is narrower than the Burda and I really like the less bulk at the twist--because there isn't one! Your getting very good at PMB knock-offs.
BjP said... (4/11/05 9:08 PM) Reply
Great looking twist top, Debbie. I really like the smaller "twists" and the color/fabric is lovely on you!

EvaDress B30-7816