I have made and reviewed this pattern before, but since I tried the appliques I wanted to add a review. Let me just say that I LOVE the appliques! I had some leftover print from a top I made myself. I made a Jalie crop top/sports bra, and still had leftover fabric. I made a matching top for her doll and still had fabric, so I decided to use it in a leotard and this pattern with its optional butterfly appliques was perfect.
There are four sizes of applique butterflies, so I cut one of each and began arranging them. It immediately became obvious that I could not get all four on the front of such a small leotard, so I arranged the three smaller sizes and decided to place the large one on the center back.
I also made a pair of coordinating tumble shorts from Jalie 3247 (another pattern previously reviewed). This time, I used the contrast waistband which turned out really cute.
I have plenty of pics on my blog if you would like to see more details of the leotard.