Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 24644-1002 (Straight Skirt)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest
Reviewed by:cimmanon

About cimmanonstar
Member since: 1/2/05
Posted on:7/20/13 7:33 AM

sewingcanary said... (7/21/13 3:10 PM) Reply
You are on your way! Check out your local library. I'm interested in making my own patterns. I kept reading online but finally checked out the library. I found more information faster from books. I did a search for dressmaking and came up with a load of great books - many on fitting. If you get one that shows what's wrong and how to correct it, you'll have your skirt resolved in no time. I just read a book called Fit for Real People. The styles are waaay out of date but the skirt section was particularly good. It covered EVERY shape woman and how to fit and do the darts etc. - curved darts, not curved darts, better without darts, fixing pulls and puckers etc� including various tummy shapes. Once you get the hang of it [pun intended], you will be away! Cheers!
MariannaSew2Pro said... (7/20/13 11:20 AM) Reply
I love reading self-drafted reviews and finding out what challenges people come up with. This skirt looks good and well made; I hope you get some wear out of it. It's a shame that dark colours don't make good muslin; the garments would be more wearable than calico!
Sew Whatever said... (7/20/13 7:37 AM) Reply
I think you are well on the way there1 It looks good on you. I am sure it looks better than the other one you mentioned!

More Knits