Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6750 (Misses' Shirts)

Reviewed by:Catoaz

About Catoaz
AZ
Member since: 5/15/12
Posted on:7/21/13 5:46 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

Sweater knit fabrics

door72067 said... (8/16/13 7:00 PM) Reply
I, for one, am happy to read your review (but I am terribly sorry it didn't work out for you!) because I was a little leery about the sizing (thinking I would have to size UP) but hopefully, with the wearing ease, it will be fine for me
Catoaz said... (7/23/13 7:29 PM) Reply
Thanks ladies. It is so wonky and weird now that I took the buttons back off of it and put it in the scrap bin. I still have lots of that fabric so I'm not gonna cry over it plus, I have a couple more similar patterns I'm going to try. toile away, thank you for the lovely compliment on the collar redesign. I had some help from a good online friend in our fb sewing group. I actually did add the facings and the collar turned out great, too bad the rest of the shirt didn't, lol.
Shona said... (7/22/13 0:44 AM) Reply
It certainly looks good in your photo. Thanks for the warning about the sizing. I agree also - you've done some work on it now and it's probably pretty close to what you want, so come back to it when you lose that initial emotion and you'll probably find it will come together quickly. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.
carolynw said... (7/21/13 8:46 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review and am sorry to see this did not work for you - however, sometime hanging it in the back of the closet for a while may help as it does look quite nice. As "toile away" has said time can make a difference - right now I am working out my hate for a T shirt just made but unlike you I haven't the courage to yet put in print my feelings. Congratulations on your first review
toile away said... (7/21/13 7:51 PM) Reply
Catoaz, the print placement and your collar redesign look great. Your first review too! Put this away for a little while, work on something else and come back to it when you are no longer disheartened and can look at it with a clear eye.

Burda 9486