Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6746 (Misses' Dresses)

Reviewed by:ssssdeb

About ssssdebstar
UT United States
Member since: 11/3/08
Posted on:7/24/13 9:58 PM
Last Updated:7/24/13 10:07 PM

Ann Smith said... (4/21/14 11:19 AM) Reply
I only meant I won't make it right now because I don't have two fabrics that work together. I still like the dress and feel confident now that I have figured it out.
ssssdeb said... (4/21/14 9:40 AM) Reply
Ann - reconsider. I like my dress. It took some fiddling but it was worth it. I get compliments when I wear it.
Ann Smith said... (4/20/14 7:19 PM) Reply
I've been studying this pattern thinking I would make it. It took a while but I think I finally understand. At first I thought the contrast was an option but they only show the instructions using the contrast. In the yardage amounts they say X amount for fabric and X amount for contrast. They don't quite say it that simply but that is what is meant. So you cut the 2 pieces out of each fabric. The entire garment is made with the double fabric. The only option is how you put the two together so that the contrast shows on half the garment or just at the knot and functions as a lining. I agree the instructions are really bad. The worst mistake is to say it is cut on the cross grain. No way. No fabric is that wide. You could only do it if you seam the bottom instead of cutting it on the fold as instructed. They do mention layering with a bandeau bra for modesty. Otherwise that neckline and armholes are way too low! So now that I realize you must have 2 fabrics to make it I guess I won't be making it.
MrsCharisma said... (8/6/13 9:03 AM) Reply
McCall's should be paying you. This is fabulous and there's is NOTHING about the pattern envelope that would make me want to purchase it. Nice work!
nicegirl said... (7/25/13 10:41 AM) Reply
The twist is a cool little detail, and your two fabrics really highlight it. Nice job!
Danmar said... (7/25/13 7:02 AM) Reply
This looks better on you than on the pattern envelope. The 2 colors are a nice surprise. Good review, very easy to understand! Thank you

by: STARG