Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2257 (Men's Pajama Shorts/Pants)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest
Reviewed by:renren

About renrenstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/20/05
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:7/23/13 3:09 PM

See other patterns in this category: Mens - Sleepwear / Loungewear
Margaret said... (7/30/13 11:00 AM) Reply
Very nice! I love the tag!
sunnysewing said... (7/24/13 2:46 PM) Reply
Your goals crack me up. If I could only be so lucky as to achieve them :D You did great by getting it down to 1.5 hrs. (I see a space theme with these) Love them all :D
renren said... (7/23/13 5:40 PM) Reply
Definitely worth the extra time! This is the same fly as the pattern's fly, I just didn't place a snap or button at the closure, not knowing the wearer's preference at this time. The faux flat felled seams are also easy to make. I'm not really sure how they wear compared to actual flat felled seams, but they are fast and easy. You still are sewing each side seam 3 times--the normal stitch; the serging of the two seam allowances together, and then the topstitching to hold the seam to the back. The pattern as sewn is substantially as instructed (except improved since they don't call for felled seams, faux or normal). I also won't normally work under such time constraints because it's a bit unnerving, but I do like to measure from time to time just to note improvements. Normally I'll be glad to get these done in 3-4 hours. Thank you for taking time to read and comment on my review! I always appreciate feedback!
NEMDF said... (7/23/13 4:52 PM) Reply
Great job on getting the time cut more than in half. and I like your finished product results. If you keep the real fly and faux flat felled seams, it is just going to take time, but probably well worth the extra hour or so, to have a garment that is well-made and will be useful for years (presumably, right?).

by: renren