Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8815 (Misses Top)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest

Posted on:7/23/13 8:35 PM
Last Updated:12/8/13 9:13 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
fourkid said... (4/9/14 12:59 PM) Reply
This pattern is used for the Craftsy plus size fitting class. I have only just got my pattern cut - but yes - the darts are totally on the wrong place. In class we move them and add a side dart. I will do a review when completed - I am hopeful. It is a cute top.
ClioBklyn said... (12/10/13 3:40 PM) Reply
I agree 100% about the darts - too high and too centered. I found the same thing when I sewed this, but was able to make it work in the end. Bummer that this didn't work out for you. :-(
karen n said... (12/9/13 3:20 PM) Reply
Thanks Jo Ann for the blog post on bust points. It was funny. Unfortunately, I had a similar response as Graca and ended up trashing my 8815. It didn't work with my figure.
LizJ58 said... (12/9/13 10:28 AM) Reply
Wow, view "C" is next on my list and I really want to make it! I just completed my duct tape dress form, so fortunately I have a better shot at working out the fitting problems.
Jo Ann Ely said... (8/24/13 11:38 AM) Reply
Here is a blog post about the dart issue and what can be done pre-cutting- http://fitforaqueen.wordpress.com/2013/08/22/phonecalls-and-peplums/ She cut a size 22 for her client and found some flaws too.
Arted said... (8/19/13 10:28 PM) Reply
I am working on my muslin and I agree the darts are suspect. Your top looks very nice.
Sew Whatever said... (7/24/13 5:39 AM) Reply
Sorry you didn't like the result. Could you restitch the darts to at least make them lower without the unpicking holes showing in the sateen?

by: STARG