Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Sewaholic Patterns> 1201 (Renfrew Top)

Reviewed by:CissieW

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Home Sewing Depot

Home Dec Sewing Supplies

swirlgurl said... (1/5/14 9:54 AM) Reply
I haven't gotten this pattern yet, I might have to, good heads up on the neckline band size!
sewpelican said... (7/28/13 0:41 AM) Reply
My top is finished and the neckline looks good. Thanks for your advice, with it on "lizzie" dressform, I pinned the neckband on , adjusting the stretch to the curved front section and sewed, worked a treat. Again thanks.
sewpelican said... (7/25/13 4:30 PM) Reply
Thankyou for those ideas. I have also thought I might make a mock up neckline from some similar leftover fabric to practise. The whole top is finished and fits well. Just the neckline needs fnshing! Its a light navy and will be so useful....eventually!
CissieW said... (7/25/13 8:09 AM) Reply
Did you cut your neckband shorter than the neck measurement? Also, you might try ironing the neckband into a curve to mimic the deep curve of the neckline? Or how about cutting your neckband on the bias to give it more stretch?
Rhoda K said... (7/25/13 7:52 AM) Reply
Very pretty!
nothy lane said... (7/25/13 5:57 AM) Reply
I love the contrast stripes on the bands. Fabulous job!
sewpelican said... (7/25/13 2:12 AM) Reply
Looks great, love the use of the stripes. I have made this top with short sleeves, actually it is still a WIP because i have unpicked the neckband twice. I am not managing the deep scoop very well with a good quality polycotton from my stash. Have made knits on & off for 20 years but never had a problem previously. Any thoughts please. My fabric is certainly stable! The neckline has not stretched, I have checked it out. What should I do???
SewLibra said... (7/25/13 0:38 AM) Reply
Love the stripe and how you placed the bands on this top, and also the heather blue in the stripe. The formula for the neck band sounds like a math quiz...ugh. Great looking top!
GoodbyeValntino said... (7/24/13 9:20 PM) Reply
Really nice Cissie! I must make this pattern! The stripes work beautifully on this pattern.
Levone said... (7/24/13 8:39 PM) Reply
Lovely top!
cleverkitty said... (7/24/13 8:33 PM) Reply
I could not love this more the fabric is my favorite :)
dakotasews said... (7/24/13 8:19 PM) Reply
Really pretty!!!!
Lori V said... (7/24/13 7:11 PM) Reply
very pretty
SewWil said... (7/24/13 6:00 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! I love the way you used the stripes.
Jstarr4250 said... (7/24/13 5:49 PM) Reply
Nope- there are two of us who don't have it! It's so nice looking and how interesting to see that you had good results with this fun fabric. I love reading about the notions you use- many of them I've never even heard of!
Barbara V said... (7/24/13 5:40 PM) Reply
Very pretty top!
CissieW said... (7/24/13 5:14 PM) Reply
As much $$ as you have cost me with your recommendations, I think you should get it!!!!
ArtAttack said... (7/24/13 5:05 PM) Reply
Oh, this is yummy. I think I must be the only sewist on PR that doesn't have this pattern. Pretty fabric!
MrsCharisma said... (7/24/13 4:58 PM) Reply