Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2443 (Misses' Dresses)

Reviewed by:froggiegirl

About froggiegirlstar
Member since: 5/23/09

Best Patterns of 2011
Posted on:7/24/13 6:21 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Vests    Coat/Jacket
arianamaniacs said... (7/26/13 2:48 PM) Reply
The first thing i thought when i saw this was cool fabric! your dress looks great despite your reservations. i dont get the maternity vibe at all, id wear this everywhere!
bikegrrl said... (7/26/13 1:33 AM) Reply
You look fabulous in this, and you did a great job of working with the fabrics. Well done!!
SewWil said... (7/25/13 5:59 PM) Reply
I think your dress looks great. I'm not getting the maternity vibe from it at all. Your fabric is fabulous!
MrsCharisma said... (7/25/13 12:29 PM) Reply
I LOVE this dress and your review made me literally laugh out loud :) I agree that the strap instructions are silly and can only recommend people layer those seams! I wear my imperfect version and have been looking for the perfect fabric to showcase this dress. I think you've renewed my interest with your version!
froggiegirl said... (7/25/13 8:57 AM) Reply
Thank you all for your lovely comments. I have a feeling that if you used a double knit as suggested than the sewing process would be a lot easier,
betty bushwacker said... (7/25/13 8:30 AM) Reply
Really like your version. At least now I know why my daughter dumped the cut out pieces on my sewing table and said "Mum, can you finish this????" Yay.
Danvillegirl said... (7/25/13 5:29 AM) Reply
The fabric is so unique which adds to the special look of this dress. Great job
Dilliander said... (7/25/13 0:10 AM) Reply
Even if you don't tackle this pattern again, this dress is lovely and the gorgeous fabric with the contrast bands looks great.
ArtAttack said... (7/24/13 11:11 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous! Love the fabric and the black insets...great job...hope you start to love it!
renren said... (7/24/13 10:04 PM) Reply
I certainly don't want a trip to crazytown! Interesting to read about your experiences as my overall impression of this pattern from other reviews was positive. Hmm, it's in my queue to sew but maybe I'll hold off on it. I must tell you though, it really is lovely and absolutely doesn't send off maternity vibes from what I can see.
kittykate said... (7/24/13 8:36 PM) Reply
I like the finished outfit, great review good info about the straps. I can feel your frustration!
cleverkitty said... (7/24/13 8:19 PM) Reply
I had this pattern, I made the jacket and DD took the jacket and the pattern, I saw it in her sewing room and though about reclaiming it for the dress version but.... maybe not. I love your fabric, Marcy Tilton is first on my list for fabric when I finish my stash. Your dress looks fantastic despite everything ;)
velosewer said... (7/24/13 7:32 PM) Reply
I'd wear this as a unique piece. You've used the fabric print really well.
Jstarr4250 said... (7/24/13 7:12 PM) Reply
I think it's totally unique and the fabric is very special. Great job with it.
Mobycat said... (7/24/13 6:45 PM) Reply