Pattern Reviews> Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick> SB322 (Tonic T-shirt)

Reviewed by:NhiHuynh

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 20 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

GrammaSewn said... (12/27/13 3:07 PM) Reply
Great review! Is there a specific place where the "wrap" method is discussed, also the forward shoulder alteration? thank you
Raye Ann said... (10/15/13 4:22 PM) Reply
This top looks great on you! I don't fit into the body type these patterns are designed for, so I won't be purchasing them, but so glad it works for you. Your review is very informative for me, because I was so turned off by the pattern company name that I didn't even give it a glance! Now I will know who to recommend them to:)
karen n said... (10/15/13 3:09 PM) Reply
I'm always looking for the perfect t pattern and haven't found it so maybe I'll try this one! The wrapping technique is brilliant! Gotta try that.
Mimsy Borogoves said... (10/15/13 12:26 PM) Reply
I have the absolute opposite problem NhiHuynh. It took me so long to figure out I am long from bust to shoulder, and since I have forward shoulders, and long waist I was always trying to use that alteration and it made things worse. Its nice to see you learned to fit yourself while still so young. Great job and review.
Quickie said... (10/15/13 2:19 AM) Reply
I love both your shirts. I like your neckline that seems not u-shaped but more like o- shape. I also had very positive results with this pattern.
CypGrl said... (7/30/13 11:38 PM) Reply
Looks great! I made a sleeveless one tonight and love the cut of the neckline. Thanks for explaining on your blog how to put the pattern pieces together properly.
Karla Kizer said... (7/26/13 7:34 PM) Reply
Perfect shirt and excellent review. Thank you!
JOshiro said... (7/26/13 12:33 PM) Reply
Nice review and nice shirt! I downloaded the pattern but haven't taped it yet.
Molliefran said... (7/26/13 10:56 AM) Reply
I also made this pattern without any adjustments. It really fits nicely. Thanks SBCC!
Pj3g said... (7/26/13 8:06 AM) Reply
Very helpful review! Looks great!
lyndle said... (7/26/13 5:29 AM) Reply
Great T-shirt! That's really exciting how well it fits you. I'm short in the upper body too so I will give this a try.
velosewer said... (7/25/13 11:28 PM) Reply
I never knew this company existed. You top looks great and it's great to know you didn't need to do all the adjustments we petites usually do. Thanks.
dakotasews said... (7/25/13 10:01 PM) Reply
Nice work and I love the "short jokes" (coming someone whose not quite 5'2".
marec said... (7/25/13 10:08 AM) Reply
Totally cute on you NhiHuynh! and, a bonus review because it has so many great tips. Thanks for the heads up on the pattern cutting.
GailV said... (7/25/13 8:57 AM) Reply
Cute! I'd never heard of this pattern company,nor had I heard of the wrapping technique for fitting. Very informative review!
lakaribane said... (7/25/13 6:26 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, NhiHuynh. I haven't tried this one for myself though I was the one who started the thread, shameless, I know! LOL but I have high hopes for this pattern line. I really need to me the Tonic up the To-Sew List. Off to read your post.
renren said... (7/25/13 1:58 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review about an indie pattern and especially thanks for discussing that wrap around technique and all the things to consider in petite-ing a pattern. So glad you got a great fit without too much effort. (Also loved that captioned tee at the blog--"I've had it up to here with short people jokes." -- very funny!) I really love your striped tee.

Kwik Sew 3026