Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2900 (Misses' t-shirts & turtleneck)

Viewed 2097 times
Reviewed by:JoleneF

About JoleneFstar
IA USA
Member since: 1/26/04
Posted on:11/21/05 7:21 AM
Last Updated:4/14/05 2:47 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Maternity
2BSewing said... (9/20/05 6:02 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have this pattern in my pattern stash and just about ready to try it out. I'm thinking of making the v-neck with 3/4 sleeves in a black knit. Glad to hear this is not a form fitting t-shirt. BTW, you're picture is not showing up.
JDpenelope said... (4/18/05 6:49 AM) Reply
Nice job and thanks for the reminder that all t shirts don't have to be close fitting. I've made this top and also appreciate the looser fit.
JoleneF said... (4/15/05 6:31 PM) Reply
Thanks ladies. I might wear the T away from the house if I have a plain shirt over the top of it! Sherril--I can't believe all the variations you have come up with. I haven't strayed to far from instructions yet as far as changing necklines etc; maybe someday.....
PVA said... (4/15/05 6:05 PM) Reply
Great looking tee -- I'll bet you don't confine it to just around the house! It's a great spring/summer print & I really like the fit you've achieved. (KS 2900 is a favorite of mine, too. I've made several with short sleeves & am about to make a few more. Thanks for the review!
Sherril Miller said... (4/15/05 12:24 PM) Reply
That's a very pretty spring fabric. I'm glad you love the pattern too. I've got this one on my cutting table right now. It's my very favorite t-shirt pattern and I use it as my "gold" standard for which I measure all other patterns and their fit by.
PixieCat said... (4/15/05 11:53 AM) Reply
Nice shirt! I love the colors to and they do look great on you.
Geri Lynn said... (4/15/05 5:57 AM) Reply
Nice work and I really like the print on you. I bought this pattern a year or so ago when just learning to sew with knits and was very pleased with it as well.
flowermama said... (4/14/05 10:34 PM) Reply
I really like the print on you! My figure seems very similar to yours and this is my favorite t-shirt pattern too! I have even used other stretch fabrics (minkee and doubleknit) with this pattern, and it works up so nice! Thanks to Sherrill's reviews for inspiring me to try this and I am going to shamelessly try copying some of her adaptations too!
CarolynGM said... (4/14/05 7:34 PM) Reply
Good job, dwife. Your top is very smooth-fitting without being form-fitting. I really like it.
JoleneF said... (4/14/05 6:45 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone. I have finished 2 more since I did that review this afternoon. I had them made except for the hems and had put them down. I have 2 more cut out to make too. Mary T--I say go for it, this is a great T. For us more mature figures, is that a nice way to put that, I just love the way this fits. I will never be able to wear those tiny T-shirts so I am glad I finally tried this one.
Neefer said... (4/14/05 5:50 PM) Reply
Looks great on you.
Peggy L said... (4/14/05 4:53 PM) Reply
Jolene - this looks very nice. I like the little looser fit, too!
tigger said... (4/14/05 4:35 PM) Reply
Love the t-shirt - great fit!
SouthernStitch said... (4/14/05 4:10 PM) Reply
This is a good fit, and the print looks good on you. I am so tempted to try this pattern.
Diana M said... (4/14/05 3:57 PM) Reply
Great looking top -- this really IS a great pattern, isn't it? And you did a very nice job.
Linda E. said... (4/14/05 3:53 PM) Reply
nice t-shirt
BjP said... (4/14/05 3:32 PM) Reply
I also like tees that aren't completely form fitting, and this looks great. I really like the neckline....very flattering. Nice job!
jemgirlca said... (4/14/05 3:28 PM) Reply
It looks great, thanks for the review.
Gigi Louis said... (4/14/05 2:59 PM) Reply
It looks great, Jolene! Now you can be like Sherril and modify it to your heart's content without worrying about the fit. :-)

Understanding Wool Fabrics