This is my fourth item completed and entered in the 2013 UFO Contest.
The main pieces were cut out, the shoulder seams and ties were serged in February 2013, then this project was set aside until this month because I wanted to figure out another way to finish the neckline and bottom edges. I made another of these tops with only the cotton-lycra in February and for that I just folded under a hem per pattern instructions and sewed it with a twin needle. For this top, I used 2-inch wide strips of self-fabric cut to 80% of the length of the edge to be finished. This top will be worn for bellydance practice and I like the bit of extra coverage from the binding strips.