Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 3595 (Jean Style Jacket)

Reviewed by:Frogstitcher

About Frogstitcherstarstarstar
AB CANADA
Member since: 2/26/05
Posted on:4/15/05 7:54 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
AnneM said... (4/17/05 8:47 AM) Reply
Cute jacket - I love your lining.
Frogstitcher said... (4/16/05 10:35 AM) Reply
This is my first review and I'd hoped it would be a success. Mizzearl - I too was not fond of the width of the lower sleeves when I tried it on. However, after seeing the jacket through the lens of the camera, I have changed my mind, I kinda like them. Thanks everyone for your very kind comments.
Tini said... (4/16/05 9:11 AM) Reply
Great jacket, really brings more "life" to an otherwise pretty basic pattern! I love the lining too!
els said... (4/16/05 8:16 AM) Reply
You transformed denin into a modern style jacket.
Debbie Cook said... (4/16/05 8:10 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks great. I've been wanting this pattern, but it's never in the drawer when I look.
SouthernStitch said... (4/16/05 8:04 AM) Reply
I've got loads of denim I needed ideas for so thanks for the review. Yours came out looking really nice.
JoleneF said... (4/16/05 7:44 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks great. I think the frayed seams really look nice.
jacalhoun said... (4/16/05 6:57 AM) Reply
I really like your jacket. I made the long version of this out of curdoroy lined with sherpa (or something wool-ish). It's a really great winter coat. I never thought of making it out of denim. Now I'm going to have to! Thanks for the review.
blue mooney said... (4/16/05 6:47 AM) Reply
Very nice! Love your seam treatments. I have also made this, and I too thought it would have a closer fit like on the envelope. Someone else here on PR I think made this in a brocade with less fabric in the sleeves. It's a nice pattern, a jean jacket but with a difference, but it's definately sized to be worn over layers.
PixieCat said... (4/16/05 3:31 AM) Reply
Great jacket that looks like it fits well. The frayed seams are a nice touch!
Enid E said... (4/15/05 10:42 PM) Reply
Neat job! I made this jacket in a printed drapery fabric.. I agree the pattern picture IS quite deceiving..I shortened my jacket to just below the waist and took in the sleeve from mid arm to wrist..the sleeves were too wide for my liking...
keric said... (4/15/05 9:21 PM) Reply
Too cute! I love the frays on it! Good job!
jlg said... (4/15/05 8:29 PM) Reply
Cool jacket. Nice job with the frayed seams.

by: Sybella