I was sooooo happy with how this turned out, that I just had to share. It's a sewing machine cover for my Mother-in-Laws machine. It's done in a charm pack of the 1940's fabrics. I bought this pack on Ebay but I've also seen the fabric in catalogs like Keepsake Quilting. All I did was cut each charm square in half, so the pieces were 2.5 by 5 inches. I sewed the piecies into strips and then foundation quilted them onto the batting/linning.It doesn't get any easier. I didn't use a pattern, I just measured her machine and went from there to cutting the lining. I used spray adhesive to adhere the 3 layers. To increase the vintage look I used ready made piping. I'm super happy with how this looks and I really think the fabric does the "Vintage" trick!