Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design Magazine> 03-2011-18 (Tropical Blend)

Review submitted in 2013 Sewing for Children Contest Contest

Posted on:8/1/13 12:01 PM

Home Sewing Depot

Home Dec Sewing Supplies

fattyboomboom said... (8/31/13 9:18 AM) Reply
Gingham piping! Yes, yes, yes!
SheBear0320 said... (8/27/13 1:21 AM) Reply
The alterations you made to the dress make the fit so much better -- your daughter looks adorable in this dress.
Sewncooknmom said... (8/11/13 2:08 AM) Reply
It's a very sweet dress.
Levone said... (8/3/13 12:14 PM) Reply
Cute dress!
HRigg said... (8/2/13 5:02 PM) Reply
What a beautifully made dress. Looks gorgeous.
liliv said... (8/2/13 6:11 AM) Reply
I love the dropped-waist too and I love this print! Very cute dress, I wish you good luck!!
Sue Parrott said... (8/1/13 10:37 PM) Reply
Cute. I have some Ottobre magazines for children but haven't tried them yet. This is cute on your daughter!
sunnysewing said... (8/1/13 1:39 PM) Reply
Thanks Renren, I'll have to try out your method. I sometimes wonder if they think about things like armholes when they make the pattern. Children's pattern sewing is so much easier for me than to sew for myself! plus, I was up at 4am today... had to do something to keep busy! ;-)
renren said... (8/1/13 12:27 PM) Reply
Oh, I just noticed it has been entered in the Sewing for Children contest. Congratulations on having the first entry! First day, first entry! That's fast.
renren said... (8/1/13 12:20 PM) Reply
I think that dropped-waist look is very good even if it is not what the pattern intended. Really, we do spend effort modifying patterns to get various looks, so just consider this a style change! Loving the combo of fabrics--print and gingham check. On every Kwik Sew pattern I have sewn I have to fold out about 1 inch from armhole to armhole on the shorten/lengthen line (front and back). It's an easy modification if there are no sleeves. I learned that from treefrog and Margaret who I believe also make the same alteration. Interestingly, I also have to make an adjustment for a long waist. So I'm shortening at the armhole (about an inch) and adding overall length at the waist (about 2 inches). Even with no alterations, I think this is a cute and adorable summer dress.

by: Ryzajabest...