Pattern Reviews> Petite Plus Patterns> 104 (Shapely Shirt)

Reviewed by:licarritc

About licarritcstar
Member since: 9/7/04

Posted on:4/17/05 2:58 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Plus
DolphinDancer30 said... (9/6/05 5:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I made this one, straight out of the envelope. Like you, I took in the waist a bit. Otherwise, a good fit. Made it from a white cotton stretch woven from Dharma. Nice pattern!
lazylol said... (9/3/05 12:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt - you did a great job.
PhyllisC said... (4/18/05 11:45 AM) Reply
Lisette - I've seen this pattern in the Newark Dressmaker Supply catalog, and was really intrigued by it - and it does indeed look great!
Hilary said... (4/18/05 10:49 AM) Reply
OH it looks FABULOUS on you!!! I *love* the color, and I am so excited for you that it fit straight out of the envelope! I have small shoulders, and a D cup...hmmm I really want this now!
AnneM said... (4/18/05 9:55 AM) Reply
Congratulations. How nice you find a pattern that works so well for you out of the envelope.
Gillian said... (4/18/05 9:53 AM) Reply
The first thing I thought was...wow, she did buttons! :) Ha-ha. The shirt looks great. Nice job!
cathyb said... (4/18/05 9:28 AM) Reply
Your shirt is beautiful and the fit seems to be perfect.
Doris Stewart said... (4/18/05 7:25 AM) Reply
Wow - and no alterations!
JDpenelope said... (4/18/05 6:26 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful shirt and the best thing about it: IT FITS! I love the cuffs. Color is great, too.
Mini said... (4/17/05 6:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for a helpful review. I'm waiting for the right fabric to make this pattern, and your comments are very encouraging. Great color too!!!
Sherril Miller said... (4/17/05 6:00 PM) Reply
I'm glad the sleeves worked out for you. Your new shirt looks great on you, especially love that you've added some color!
Karla Kizer said... (4/17/05 5:19 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous color! And it fit right out of the envelope....I'm not sure how to deal with that. I'm so used to tucking and folding and slashing, that I might feel a little lost not having to do that. But I'm willing to learn! Thanks for the encouraging review, and enjoy your new shirt(s).
bunz said... (4/17/05 5:16 PM) Reply
Great shirt! GREAT COLOR!!!! You are soooo lucky to have found a pattern that fits w no alterations. I am green w envy :-)
Linda E. said... (4/17/05 5:15 PM) Reply
Lookin' good, I am glad you found a pattern that works out of the package for you. the color is really good on you.
flowermama said... (4/17/05 5:00 PM) Reply
Woo hoo! Congratulations - I love the shirt and the color.
Elona said... (4/17/05 4:34 PM) Reply
Very, very pretty! And congratulations on finding a pattern line that doesn't make you turn inside-out trying to alter things. Overall, I've heard overwhelmingly good reviews of Petite Plus.
els said... (4/17/05 4:32 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your new blue shirt.
Georgene said... (4/17/05 4:17 PM) Reply
Lookin' good. I hope you post pictures of your new versions as they come off the machine. I am very happy that you found a pattern that fits right out of the envelope. How often does that happen for any of us?
touran said... (4/17/05 3:16 PM) Reply
Way to go on getting color in your wardrobe!! It's beautiful and looks great.
jlg said... (4/17/05 3:13 PM) Reply
Your shirt turned out great and looks beautiful on you. I love the blue.

by: French.Sea...