Pattern Reviews> Petite Plus Patterns> 104 (Shapely Shirt)

Reviewed by:licarritc

About licarritcstar
Member since: 9/7/04

Posted on:4/17/05 2:58 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Plus
DolphinDancer30 said... (9/6/05 5:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I made this one, straight out of the envelope. Like you, I took in the waist a bit. Otherwise, a good fit. Made it from a white cotton stretch woven from Dharma. Nice pattern!
lazylol said... (9/3/05 12:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt - you did a great job.
PhyllisC said... (4/18/05 11:45 AM) Reply
Lisette - I've seen this pattern in the Newark Dressmaker Supply catalog, and was really intrigued by it - and it does indeed look great!
Hilary said... (4/18/05 10:49 AM) Reply
OH it looks FABULOUS on you!!! I *love* the color, and I am so excited for you that it fit straight out of the envelope! I have small shoulders, and a D cup...hmmm I really want this now!
AnneM said... (4/18/05 9:55 AM) Reply
Congratulations. How nice you find a pattern that works so well for you out of the envelope.
Gillian said... (4/18/05 9:53 AM) Reply
The first thing I thought was...wow, she did buttons! :) Ha-ha. The shirt looks great. Nice job!
cathyb said... (4/18/05 9:28 AM) Reply
Your shirt is beautiful and the fit seems to be perfect.
Doris Stewart said... (4/18/05 7:25 AM) Reply
Wow - and no alterations!
JDpenelope said... (4/18/05 6:26 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful shirt and the best thing about it: IT FITS! I love the cuffs. Color is great, too.
Mini said... (4/17/05 6:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for a helpful review. I'm waiting for the right fabric to make this pattern, and your comments are very encouraging. Great color too!!!
Sherril Miller said... (4/17/05 6:00 PM) Reply
I'm glad the sleeves worked out for you. Your new shirt looks great on you, especially love that you've added some color!
Karla Kizer said... (4/17/05 5:19 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous color! And it fit right out of the envelope....I'm not sure how to deal with that. I'm so used to tucking and folding and slashing, that I might feel a little lost not having to do that. But I'm willing to learn! Thanks for the encouraging review, and enjoy your new shirt(s).
bunz said... (4/17/05 5:16 PM) Reply
Great shirt! GREAT COLOR!!!! You are soooo lucky to have found a pattern that fits w no alterations. I am green w envy :-)
Linda E. said... (4/17/05 5:15 PM) Reply
Lookin' good, I am glad you found a pattern that works out of the package for you. the color is really good on you.
flowermama said... (4/17/05 5:00 PM) Reply
Woo hoo! Congratulations - I love the shirt and the color.
Elona said... (4/17/05 4:34 PM) Reply
Very, very pretty! And congratulations on finding a pattern line that doesn't make you turn inside-out trying to alter things. Overall, I've heard overwhelmingly good reviews of Petite Plus.
els said... (4/17/05 4:32 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your new blue shirt.
Georgene said... (4/17/05 4:17 PM) Reply
Lookin' good. I hope you post pictures of your new versions as they come off the machine. I am very happy that you found a pattern that fits right out of the envelope. How often does that happen for any of us?
touran said... (4/17/05 3:16 PM) Reply
Way to go on getting color in your wardrobe!! It's beautiful and looks great.
jlg said... (4/17/05 3:13 PM) Reply
Your shirt turned out great and looks beautiful on you. I love the blue.

Understanding Interfacings
Understanding Interfacings

Sassy Bag Paper Pattern

Sassy Bag Paper Pattern

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)