Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7333 (skirt)

Reviewed by:CarolynGM

About CarolynGMstarstarstarstar
Member since: 3/9/03
Posted on:4/17/05 7:37 PM
Last Updated:4/17/05 7:48 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
ryan's mom said... (4/19/05 6:51 AM) Reply
Lovely skirt. This pattern is a favorite in my stash and I've made two from it. Did you put in a lining? The only thing I found confusing was doing the lining with the back vent and somehow attaching it to the skirt. I finished it off with a common sense approach. Doesn't look very pretty inside the skirt, but the skirt looks nice from the outside despite my lining vent ???'s. I would have examined one from my RTW business suits, but they are in storage.
CarolynGM said... (4/18/05 5:35 PM) Reply
Marybeth -- If you click on "pattern information provided by Irina", you will get the same link found on Ryan's Mom's review (that's where I got it). I searched the Vogue site for 7333 and it wasn't there. I don't know why it says 7338. It's not something I can edit -- I just tried.
MaryBeth said... (4/18/05 2:21 PM) Reply
Gorgeous skirt! Good length, too, although I look forward to seeing the shorter version. Surely this SB skirt isn't OOP...when I clicked on the pattern info link it cited the pattern number as 7338. I just checked Ryan's mom's review of 7333 and the pattern info is still there.
AnneM said... (4/18/05 9:54 AM) Reply
Glad your skirt making was (basically) uneventful. While the length is fine, I think it might be even better a touch shorter.
JDpenelope said... (4/18/05 5:23 AM) Reply
Another beautiful skirt--of course I want that pattern now, but couldn't work your fitting miracles, probably. If it were me (shorty), I'd go a bit shorter OR longer, but with your long legs, I think you can wear any length. You might lose that nice, pencil line if you go shorter.
Lisa Lindsay said... (4/17/05 10:39 PM) Reply
Thanks clear, interesting comments it looks lovely. Length yes - to be perfect a few inces shorter I think would be spot on! Thank -you
jlg said... (4/17/05 8:42 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt. It looks wonderful on you. I agree with PVA; I think that you would look lovely in any length skirt (drapey or tailored).
drsue said... (4/17/05 8:39 PM) Reply
Just perfect!! I think I like the length as is. Gives you a very long look. Maybe with slighly darker than regular skin color stockings.
Portia Hirschman said... (4/17/05 8:24 PM) Reply
I've made this 5 or 6 times--in fact, wore one this morning to church. It is flattering to someone with some tummy and looks great with a jacket. One of my favorites. Too bad if it is OOP--get your hands on this one!
Tiner W said... (4/17/05 8:08 PM) Reply
Beautiful, elegant skirt--wonderful fit!
The Renaissance Girl said... (4/17/05 8:00 PM) Reply
Excellent skirt, very flattering.
dvazz said... (4/17/05 8:00 PM) Reply
Beautiful! What a perfect fit. Must be your advanced knowledge of geometry at work. :)
PVA said... (4/17/05 7:51 PM) Reply
Very elegant skirt, thanks for the review. I like the length -- gives a nice long, lean impression. Somehow, I've got a feeling that you could make this a little shorter or even alot shorter & it would still look very nice on you. If you keep making it, please keep reviewing it. I'd like to see the various effects.
All About Linings