Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1806 (Misses Top)

Reviewed by:MrsCharisma

About MrsCharismastarstarstarstar
Member since: 2/1/13
Posted on:8/4/13 11:03 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
BeckyW said... (9/8/13 7:08 PM) Reply
I just made this pattern without checking reviews first. Dumb mistake. I feel like your review is pretty much how I feel too. It looked cute on the envelope.
MrsCharisma said... (8/6/13 4:22 PM) Reply
Thanks guys :) I am not giving up hope - there are details that I like. The color is amazing. Like, I almost ordered a few more yards of it from FM. And that back pleat is just CUTE. The last top I really hated was made in March, put away, pulled back out a few weeks ago and has made it's way into my wardrobe rotation. :)
1SewSweet said... (8/6/13 5:10 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review! Your top is very nice! I have this pattern and am now convinced that if I decide to make it I will have to change a few things! Love your fabric and the color!
Shona said... (8/5/13 10:48 PM) Reply
Well, I think people seeing that top would not be as critical as you are. I think it looks really nice. It's a cute pattern but I've seen a couple of not very positive reviews so I don't think I will be adding it to my stash soon. Thanks for the review.
ArtAttack said... (8/5/13 9:35 PM) Reply
I think you are right on about the fabric being the problem because on the whole it's a very cute shirt on you. I am thinking a drapey rayon woven. VH review so thanks for that.
liliv said... (8/5/13 5:30 PM) Reply
I really love it! The fabric has the sweetest shade of green, and the collar isn't bad at all. I would wear it!
HRigg said... (8/5/13 5:19 PM) Reply
This is beautiful fabric. I actually like the collar and the shape of the back is really nice. I think you are being very critical but wonder if you straightened the front hem you would like it more.
carolynw said... (8/5/13 1:18 PM) Reply
Sorry it didn't work out for you - the colour is so lovely. I have this pattern but not used yet - thanks for the helpful review!
MrsCharisma said... (8/5/13 1:02 PM) Reply
Oooh, I do love rayon challis DanvilleGirl! :) Thanks everyone. It's one of those things...you just really want to love it.
prttynpnk said... (8/5/13 12:03 PM) Reply
That collar just gives me fits too. You do look great in it!
Danvillegirl said... (8/5/13 5:15 AM) Reply
I too love the color of this fabric. Sorry it did not turn out well for you. I have had this pattern for awhile thinking I would make it this summer. So far have not and appreciate your review. Maybe a rayon challis would do well for this top.
Huntwoman said... (8/5/13 3:13 AM) Reply
I made it in a knit. It was okay, but looks much better on the pattern cover. That is a pretty color and it does seem to fit you.
SewWil said... (8/5/13 0:16 AM) Reply
Sorry that you are disappointed with your top. I've had this pattern for a while and keep putting it on the back burner. Thank you for your review.
katlew03 said... (8/4/13 11:11 PM) Reply
I felt the same way about this pattern. The collar just didn't lay right.

by: French.Sea...