Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5917 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:Jstarr4250

Butterick: 5917 by Jstarr4250
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people

Sweater knit fabrics

madbadger said... (8/10/13 3:31 PM) Reply
so pretty and feminine!!!
pdiddly said... (8/8/13 3:40 PM) Reply
this is the 2nd time I have seen this pattern made up and love it - you have done a beautiful job on this and it might just make me buy the pattern lol
21wale said... (8/7/13 5:19 PM) Reply
Beautifully done!
Sharonspils said... (8/6/13 7:59 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
SewLibra said... (8/6/13 7:35 PM) Reply
I second the ditto to MNBarb! :-) Thank you for the referral to Fashion Fabrics Club. I've been looking for alternatives to JA and Fabric.com.
margy.64 said... (8/6/13 7:22 PM) Reply
What more can I add. Perfect pattern and fabric combination and you look stunning. This one is definitely on my wish list.
prostheticsgirl said... (8/6/13 6:51 PM) Reply
Wow, it looks so good on you!
aaltje said... (8/6/13 6:44 PM) Reply
What a great dress! I wasn't attracted to it but I think I must change my mind on this one. You look wonderful, well done!
kiawah said... (8/6/13 5:53 PM) Reply
so, so cute and perfect for the weather, but still looking fresh! I'm envious of you all being "ruffle girls" I would just have my last meal tucked away in there :-) ML
liliv said... (8/6/13 4:12 PM) Reply
Wow this is outstanding! It has really a perfect balance, I love it so much!!
beanchor said... (8/6/13 3:22 PM) Reply
This is fantastic! I saw the pattern photo and thought it was too sweet with the capped sleeves. I passed on it; big mistake! I love your version of it! The fabric and sleeveless option is so classy. Love it!
mnitts said... (8/6/13 3:21 PM) Reply
Very cute. Love the fabric and you look lovely.
Sheseams said... (8/6/13 2:39 PM) Reply
ooh nice neckline, excellent job
Laurie Lou said... (8/6/13 2:36 PM) Reply
Super cute! I am working on a seersucker dress right now and love working with it as well. Thanks so much for the link. I'll be buying that with the lycra in it! Your dress looks fabulous as everone has said I totally agree. Butterick has a hit!
MNBarb said... (8/6/13 1:38 PM) Reply
Funny, as I started to type I realized I was going to say the same things as ArtAttack so will just say "ditto" and that you are stunning in this dress.
renren said... (8/6/13 12:28 PM) Reply
I also am not a ruffle type, but this ruffle I would love to wear. Lovely dress and what a great use for cotton/lycra blend seersucker.
grays08 said... (8/6/13 10:46 AM) Reply
Beautiful and perfect pairing of fabric and pattern! This one is in my stash, but I'm thinking I need to dig it out yet this summer as it's so flattering. Thanks for the sizing info - that's the kind of thing that helps SO much to know up front!
STARG said... (8/6/13 9:49 AM) Reply
Ok, this dress confirms it. I really need to get this pattern! Very nice!
sewin said... (8/6/13 9:40 AM) Reply
OK, This is the second adorable dress I've seen with this pattern in the last couple of weeks. I am definitely going to get this pattern. Too cute on you.
CissieW said... (8/6/13 7:23 AM) Reply
Perfect summer dress! I adore seersucker. You look great in ruffles so you should add more to your wardrobe!! I thought I was through with summer sewing but having seen your and Sarah's, I might have to reconsider!
HRigg said... (8/6/13 6:13 AM) Reply
This is great and what lovely fabric. It's a "must have" pattern, perhaps for me next summer now. Thanks for the review. The analysis of the design and why it works is really helpful.
Danvillegirl said... (8/6/13 5:32 AM) Reply
Love this dress. As a matter of fact, it is on my sewing table now with pattern adjustments made and now ready to cut out the fabric. Love your version, very flattering. Hope I have the same success. Love your fabric.
BeaJay said... (8/6/13 3:24 AM) Reply
Now that is gorgeous. Love it.
martinalici said... (8/6/13 1:36 AM) Reply
This is beautiful!! I love a distinctive neckline and I love sear sucker.. Double swoon!
Dellia45 said... (8/6/13 0:55 AM) Reply
Beautiful!!!!
CypGrl said... (8/5/13 11:30 PM) Reply
Super cute on you! Always like to see fabric details included. Thanks!
Barbara V said... (8/5/13 10:53 PM) Reply
What a cute dress and how lovely it looks on you!
Sue Parrott said... (8/5/13 10:18 PM) Reply
Wow! Love everything about this dress!
GoodbyeValntino said... (8/5/13 10:16 PM) Reply
It's beautiful, Julie! So smart of you to line the entire dress!
cleverkitty said... (8/5/13 9:41 PM) Reply
fabric is so wonderful!!! this is something I would defiantly buy, the pattern is calling me. Everything about it is so appealing, color, style and easy to sew :)
MissCelie said... (8/5/13 9:34 PM) Reply
Loves it! I adore seersucker.
annie11 said... (8/5/13 9:25 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! You did a beautiful job and it looks great on you.
Amanda.Claire said... (8/5/13 8:35 PM) Reply
Too cute!!
SewWil said... (8/5/13 8:34 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress! Great fabric choice for this pattern.
Jstarr4250 said... (8/5/13 8:24 PM) Reply
Yes, yes Dorcas- a structured ruffle is the perfect description! I am the last person you'd ever see in a ruffle but this one has grabbed me.
ArtAttack said... (8/5/13 8:05 PM) Reply
Ooh, Julie, this is SO cute and cute on you. You are right on with the right marriage of fabric and pattern. I can see you wearing this for years to come. Sarah just made this cute dress and now you. I don't consider myself a "ruffle girl" but this is sort of a structured ruffle and might be my style. Not that I'm structured, by any means...okay, I'm rambling. Too cute!
angeleyes88 said... (8/5/13 7:38 PM) Reply
i love this dress! although you could also turn it into a top as well
butterflyfly said... (8/5/13 7:17 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress and fits you perfectly! Great job!
atymonw said... (8/5/13 6:39 PM) Reply
Really pretty!
LlanoGirl said... (8/5/13 6:36 PM) Reply
Second great dress from this pattern in a week! Can't wait to sew it, beautiful job.
Adaire said... (8/5/13 6:07 PM) Reply
Lovely on you! Looks so cool and fresh. I love cool and fresh because we are having 93 degrees every day.

by: Ineedaname