This is my second version of this pattern, for a more detailed review please see my first.
Abby had a sew-a-long to celebrate the release of the paper version of the Billie Jean pattern. I'd bought the PDF and sewn a version in May but really wanted to try one of the skirts she provided. Decided to make the straight skirt and modify the bodice to add a sleeve.
Silk Shantung from Emma one sock last year.
Siri Lining from Gertie's Etsy shop.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I'd already done fitting alterations on the bodice but decided to change this style a bit.
1. For this version I did not raise the neckline but did use Abby's instructions for moving the straps so they sit on the shoulder.
2. Since I wanted to put a sleeve on this version the armholes were dropped about 3/4" and scooped a bit (1/4" maybe) in the front. They are still a little on the tight side but I'm fine with it.
3. I butchered the sleeve from Simplicity 1803 to make it fit my armhole. The pleat depth was doubled, the cap height lowered and I just cut some of the width off.
4. This version is lined with white Siri lining from Gertie's shop. I could have lined the sleeves too but decided just to slip stitch the lining to the armhole seam allowances.
5. Used an invisible zip again cause reasons.
6. I used the size 16 skirt with 1/4" extra ease added to the side seam starting in the hip area and going all the way down to the hem.
7. The skirt length was shortened 1 3/4" for my own personal preferences.
Sheath dresses have always been my favorite and I'm very pleased how this one turned out. It looks exactly how I imagined it!