Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8934 (Misses' Coat)

Reviewed by:sfshaza

About sfshazastar
Member since: 9/12/07
Posted on:8/9/13 8:32 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Mimsy Borogoves said... (9/2/13 10:27 AM) Reply
So beautiful on you. Thanks for the information about the neck. I happen to have a long scrawny neck and need something like this. I plan to make it when my new fabric arrives. I have watched you for awhile...love all you do! Thanks again.
AustralianWoman said... (8/30/13 7:02 PM) Reply
This looks amazing on you ... Well done.
sfshaza said... (8/13/13 9:27 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! It's a great pattern!
n45 said... (8/13/13 7:57 PM) Reply
This was the only pattern I really liked from the new Vogues. You really made it special. Lovely work.
kkkkaty said... (8/12/13 1:53 PM) Reply
wonderful coat, and you look fantastic in it! Also envious of the cool weather, I am becoming a grump as these high 90s persist....
Sue Parrott said... (8/11/13 9:42 AM) Reply
Such a fun and gorgeous coat! Love it so much!
Amanda.Claire said... (8/10/13 8:39 PM) Reply
Your coat is gorgeous!
carolynw said... (8/10/13 5:54 PM) Reply
Wonderful jacket - stylish to the max!
DorothyK said... (8/10/13 4:52 PM) Reply
This coat is fabulous. I hope to see it in person soon. Love the fabric. The pattern is next on my to-do list, so I'm happy to see your review which, as always, will be very helpful.
TJSEWS said... (8/10/13 1:06 PM) Reply
Wow! What a fabulous coat! I love the contrast between the black and the grey. Fabulous.
dolcevita said... (8/10/13 9:01 AM) Reply
What a superb coat - it all works so well for you, the fabric, pattern and colour. Lovely.
Danvillegirl said... (8/10/13 8:55 AM) Reply
I love this coat!!! Interesting pattern and one that suits you well. Interesting fabric, great choice for this unique styled coat.
Rebecca D said... (8/10/13 8:37 AM) Reply
Glorious, as usual. Thanks for jumping on this one so quickly and whetting the appetite of the rest of us. My pattern arrived yesterday.
Fran G said... (8/10/13 8:14 AM) Reply
Another stunner! That's it..my decision has been made..I am moving from Naples, FL to San Francisco where I will have the opportunity to wear these beautiful coats you are making. Now I just have to tell my husband ..might be a problem!!
marjenann said... (8/10/13 7:22 AM) Reply
Just perfect! This is one coat I will definitely try! One that can work for city or everyday depending on the fabric choice! Your version is stunning!
CissieW said... (8/10/13 7:15 AM) Reply
Love this coat! Can't believe that you've already made it and worn it while I have only been looking at the pattern! Very chic, as everyone says.
nothy lane said... (8/10/13 6:23 AM) Reply
Beautiful. It is sooo flattering on you!
Dilliander said... (8/10/13 2:41 AM) Reply
Yes, tres chic and elegant!! Another winner and your coat cupboard must be almost full (but please don't stop, your coats and reviews are always so interesting). Lovely to see the first rendition of this stylish raincoat pattern :) its wonderful.
Tina Rathbone said... (8/10/13 1:55 AM) Reply
Fab review & garment. Neck info good to know about.
Annette1 said... (8/10/13 1:23 AM) Reply
Greetings, Miss Priss! First of all, I hope you realize that the only difference between you and me is that you actually MAKE the patterns you love. Otherwise, I'd be lookin' just as good as you are -- ha! I spotted this pattern right off when it came out and loved it. Yours is so classy, with the rolled cuffs and double-sided fabric, and I LOVE the length. :o) I'm PEA GREEN that you have cool weather already, too. FABULOUS COAT!
bonnie said... (8/10/13 0:22 AM) Reply
What a great litany of coats and jackets you have made! Somehow I knew you would be among the first to review this... Great job again.
marec said... (8/9/13 11:34 PM) Reply
This is such a gorgeous city coat! I love it and your version is absolutely tops.
Shona said... (8/9/13 10:45 PM) Reply
Stunning! Wow. Beautiful job.
Barbara V said... (8/9/13 10:23 PM) Reply
It's absolutely wonderful sfshaza! The matte black contrasting with the glittery pewter looks sharp and the style is indeed chic and elegant. Looks great on you! Super job!
Knitz said... (8/9/13 10:20 PM) Reply
Very nice!
Adaire said... (8/9/13 9:35 PM) Reply
How attractive! Very nice.
Renata said... (8/9/13 9:18 PM) Reply
You may feel it, but you also look very chic and elegant. A great look.
ArtAttack said... (8/9/13 9:14 PM) Reply
I would say chic! I love this! What an interesting shape with the hem darts. Great job!

by: JackieSue