Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1694 (Misses' Tops)

Reviewed by:pdiddly

About pdiddlystar
NA UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 10/17/10
Posted on:8/10/13 2:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

Other Projects by pdiddly using this Pattern

renren said... (8/11/13 4:18 PM) Reply
Very nice extension of the hi/lo look to a top. So far all the hi/lo things I've seen are very drapey and I'll bet it's because that fanning out of the back has a tendency to add width if the fabric is stiff. Thanks for reviewing this as the pattern does hold some interest for me.
carolynw said... (8/11/13 1:03 PM) Reply
Very pretty
slmstyle said... (8/11/13 12:09 PM) Reply
Lovely top! I also am so frustrated how large the big 4 patterns tend to run. You really have to do your homework, take additional measurements and not 100% trust the pattern package before you cut & sew most patterns. I really like your version though. Try it again! :)
grays08 said... (8/11/13 9:59 AM) Reply
Very pretty shirt, and I was wondering (before I read on, of course) whether you had taken in the sides at all because I loved yours! This just looks so fresh with your beautiful white pants, just lovely!
VivianZ said... (8/11/13 7:53 AM) Reply
I think taken in more will help. I also think that if you made it again with a smaller size, and a more flowy fabric, you might like it more. The fabrics suggested were more drapey than seersucker, and would fall closer to the body.
margy.64 said... (8/11/13 5:20 AM) Reply
Lovely summery blouse. Looks great with your white pants.
cocosloft said... (8/11/13 4:34 AM) Reply
I'm with marec as well! and it is really summery, pretty fabric.
GoodbyeValntino said... (8/10/13 10:51 PM) Reply
Very cute and summery!
Amanda.Claire said... (8/10/13 8:36 PM) Reply
Really cute! I agree with Marec that it is cute now and will be even cuter after you take it in. I love the silhouette and the hi-lo hem.
MrsCharisma said... (8/10/13 7:00 PM) Reply
This is so cute!
Campbell said... (8/10/13 3:14 PM) Reply
I have made this blouse as well and normally make a size 12 in tops. I made the XS (Sz. 4-6) size based on the finished garmet measurements. I think the Big 4's idea of a loosely fitting garmet is different than what we would buy in RTW, hence the huge amount of ease. It looks really nice though.
marec said... (8/10/13 2:56 PM) Reply
It's really cute, and you will make it even cuter with more alterations. What's with the sizing? Have they expanded or are you and I shrinking? :-)

No Pattern Used Costume