Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8792 (Misses Top)

Reviewed by:Sue Parrott

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

nestle said... (1/1/14 5:50 PM) Reply
Hey thanks. I do NOT understand sewing the wrong side of 5 to right side of front. I still don't, raw edges or ??, but your comment above saved the day. I'm sewing right side to right side and not worrying about it! I like your top.
KathleenNW said... (10/31/13 1:12 AM) Reply
Most excellent job. I was surprised when you didn't mention doing a FBA. Pleasantly surprised since I'm going to try my hand at this top and I always need a FBA.
threaddy said... (8/19/13 0:50 AM) Reply
FANTASTIC!!!! I LOVE the wonky stripes!!! It has a very slimming effect...the way you did the sleeves is wonderful as well. I wonder how a bit of piping would look at the stripe changeover? Maybe too much....I hope you make this again...it is really effective!
cleverkitty said... (8/13/13 3:57 PM) Reply
I have this pattern I take it out and have put it away many times I was not sure about it but seeing yours I'm sold I like the way it turned out in fact that is what made me click on your post I said WOW THAT pattern CAN look good, I'm not sure what Janie Viers is saying about the uneven stripes it looks very good to me, I would wear this in a heartbeat ;)
Janie Viers said... (8/12/13 8:51 PM) Reply
Don't be angry with my overhonesty, but the uneven stripes don't really fit the style. I guess if you had other striped fabric with it it might work. I just can't see the mystery that the stripes were supposed to convey.... like where is she and where is the top? It's attractive and wearable, but I do understand your dissatifaction with using that print in that top (especially it's a great print) I am sad that the top isn't the top you envisioned.
Barbara V said... (8/12/13 5:30 PM) Reply
I like your version and changes to this top especially lowering the neckline. It looks great on you!
HRigg said... (8/12/13 2:03 PM) Reply
This is a great top. Versatile pattern too, certainly worth having!
grays08 said... (8/12/13 11:02 AM) Reply
This is cute and the fit is great. You could do a lot of variation with this pattern giving it's great fit....looks like an excellent one to have!
margy.64 said... (8/12/13 7:25 AM) Reply
Love the stripes and the way you pieced the sleeves...turned them into a great design feature.
jlg said... (8/12/13 5:24 AM) Reply
Love your version of this pattern.
liliv said... (8/12/13 1:24 AM) Reply
I bet you will be asked all the time where did you buy your top! Very pretty!
frame said... (8/11/13 9:53 PM) Reply
Great looking top. I like the vertical stripes. :)

by: HRigg