Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design Magazine> 04-2013-14 (Princess Castle Dress)

Reviewed by:grays08

About grays08starstarstar
Member since: 9/13/11
Posted on:8/16/13 5:27 PM
Last Updated:8/16/13 5:29 PM

Other Projects by grays08 using this Pattern

Levone said... (8/19/13 2:42 PM) Reply
Cute dress! Thanks for pointing out the sizing as I'm thinking of making this up for my daughter.
Pj3g said... (8/18/13 7:41 PM) Reply
Love everything about it! The sizing, well, as long as your daughter is happy, it's all good! Wonderful review!
Dee2 said... (8/17/13 3:27 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress. Your excellent review contains some very helpful hints & suggestions that are much appreciated!
Raye Ann said... (8/17/13 2:16 PM) Reply
I have this on my cutting table- have traced the patterns and selected fabric- thank you for the heads up on the waistband. I am making it in the smaller size range- 98, so I will double check all flat measurements. You did a lovely job on your dd's dress!
liliv said... (8/17/13 1:08 PM) Reply
Really cute with the contrast pockets, the waistband and the binding! It could be RTW but an expensive one. When I like something I prefer to tell that it looks handmade from a very talented and skillful seamstress: I think this is better!!
cleverkitty said... (8/17/13 9:33 AM) Reply
Adorable dress! I agree the waistband has too much ease compared to the rest of measurements. I like doing the binding the way you mentioned. The contrast and those pockets make this beyond and above ordinary.... great review as always ;)
Diane333 said... (8/17/13 6:40 AM) Reply
Lovely dress on your daughter and I just received my 1st 2 Ottobre magazines in the mail last night.
Donel said... (8/16/13 11:56 PM) Reply
Really cute dress. I love fabric you chose. Thanks for the heads up with the waistband.
CypGrl said... (8/16/13 9:56 PM) Reply
This looks darling on your DD! I need to check out Girl Charlee. Did you subscribe to the adult mags also? As always, such a great review.
sunnysewing said... (8/16/13 6:02 PM) Reply
This is so cute! I really love your binding especially over the pockets - it pops nicely.

Understanding Knit Fabrics