Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8816 (Misses Top or Tunic)

Reviewed by:carrie18584

About carrie18584starstarstar
MA
Member since: 4/18/12
Posted on:8/17/13 8:25 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
MNBarb said... (8/21/13 12:13 PM) Reply
Well, I think you should wear it with pride. I love the color and it isn't totally shapeless, just not fitted. Let it sit in the closet for a week or so, then take it out and try it with different bottoms. Thanks for the review. I have this pattern and have not tried it.
ChristinePDX said... (8/20/13 10:41 AM) Reply
I made this pattern up as well, and had the exact same experience, it just looked a bit....matronly. Strangely enough, I think I also made it up using your FFC fabric!
Shona said... (8/18/13 10:22 PM) Reply
Sometimes a pattern doesn't quite match our vision of it, but someone else doesn't have that same vision and just sees a cute top. I see a really cute top and I quite like the neckline. It's different and not the same old cowl of old.
daintydeb said... (8/18/13 11:16 AM) Reply
You may want to try the StyleArc patterns Franki Top and Dress. The back neck is cut higher so the drape falls in a flattering way.
Dianne22 said... (8/18/13 11:08 AM) Reply
It would be a shame to waste such beautiful fabric and I love the color. I agree with the recommendations to try taking in the sides a little. I bet the model had the back clipped in for the photo shoot and of course, that's an option for you...just paint the clothespin pink!
Danvillegirl said... (8/18/13 8:31 AM) Reply
I thought it looked nice on you. The wearer though as the final say. Pretty fabric.
carrie18584 said... (8/18/13 8:12 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your kind works of encouragement...i suppose the top look better in the pics than I thought it would after looking in the mirror...I won't give up on it now! :)
VivianZ said... (8/18/13 7:11 AM) Reply
I too think this a lovely top, esp the color, on you. Maybe like the others suggest, you can take in the sides, and if you add a hidden zip to the side, you can also add darts up the front and back.
2mulie said... (8/17/13 4:30 PM) Reply
You are not standing with your arms above your head like the model...cute color though. Laughed at your blog...I too live in a work uniform and am behind a mask,safety glasses,and pulled back hair...I feel for you ;)
carolynw said... (8/17/13 3:51 PM) Reply
Sorry this did not work out for you - the fabric is beautiful - hope you will get some wear out of this
marec said... (8/17/13 11:17 AM) Reply
I think this looks just fine-in fact, it's pretty on you. You may be used to closer fitting clothes, and with this drapey fabric, looser might hang better.
cleverkitty said... (8/17/13 9:51 AM) Reply
Every cowl neck I make I fuss with no matter what the length when actually it looks fine if I was not the wearer. Looking at the picture it looks fine the color and print of the fabric really makes this a great looking top. it's not too late to nip in the sides, I would not give this one up too soon :)
Andi said... (8/17/13 9:33 AM) Reply
i don't think it looks that bad. have you tried to do a little shaping of the side seams?
KensingtonCrab said... (8/17/13 9:15 AM) Reply
I like the fabric but sorry you're not happy with end result--maybe rework to simple tank?

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-122